Chapter 69

The plan was set in motion. Everything was slowly coming to an end, and I could not be even more anxious.

I felt like I did not have all that I needed, but I knew that I ran out of time. Whatever was going to happen would happen. And nothing I could do would change it. It was set in place with or without my help.

After the meeting with Faolon, Tansuke, Colt, and Lobo, I went straight to Shardul to inform him what was going to happen over the next forty-eight hours and how I needed him and his clan's help to make sure that we all could go home after the battle.

I had to remind him that I did have ties to the clan, ties that I cared about just as much as I did with both the horses and wolves. I had Tygra and Marcus to thank for that, for they were the ones I had the stronger ties with.

I also had to remind him that whatever I said could and might be reported by those that wanted to do harm, the same people that had his daughter and second in their grasp.

Shardul apologized, but I knew that this would still be a rocky relationship, his doubt slowly but surely taking over his mind. He was slowly doubting that we were united and that I was there to lead them to a united front with both the horses and wolves, and that scared me to no end.

However, I knew that I had to push that to the back of my mind, especially since there was still so much to do and so little time to do it in.

I had to make sure that each group would be protected, while half of the strongest warriors helped me with my quest in getting Bethany back. I had to make sure that the Sbakeatones that fought under me would be protected, and no one suspected them of treason until I could get rid of the Master that they served. And, on top of that, I had to read the damn book that both Master Yin and Hermes had left for me under Marcus's care.

I had forgotten about the book, to be honest, but I did remember it as soon as I opened the bag to get something I had put in there, only to feel it and not what I had wanted.

The bad thing was, I was with Faolon and Lobo at that time, and they saw the book. They wanted to ask what it was and how I got it, but I didn't tell them. I couldn't for the fact that I couldn't tell them that I knew about Wisters.

I had no idea why I couldn't tell them that, but deep down, I had a feeling that it was the right thing to do. If I told them that I knew, then it could lead to Hermes's death or for them not to trust me or what I had planned. So, I had to lie and say that I had forgotten it in my room.

Faolon half believed me, and I was sure that he became suspicious, especially since I made no move into hiding the bag that I had. However, he did not question me nor asked me how I knew about them.

Lobo wasn't sure what was going on, and I had a feeling that he didn't know about Wister. Or if he did, then he had forgotten about them.

All in all, instead of doing what I wanted to do, I went up to my bedroom and read the damn book in hopes of getting my stuff back.

When I read the book or at least tried to read the book, I came across a spell that I knew was important for whatever reason for the upcoming battle and knew that was the reason why Hermes wanted me to read the book.

He knew that it was the only way for me to win against them without me having my tiger form or the other training that I needed, at least for a little while.

Due to the fact that the book was in a different language, I was not able to understand most of it. The only part that I understood was that it was there to help guide me through things, like taking a "parasite" from a host.