Chapter 9

*Time Skip* *4 months later*

Jace's pov:

Time passed but dad was still in the hospital. We took him home twice but his condition got worst. He was much better in the hospital. I have to say I changed a lot too. Y/n's mom won my heart. She truly loved my dad and saw it. How she came everyday with new meals for me. How she use to force me to take rest and stay the nights for dad. How she helped me enter in the university.

People really do change others. Their actions leave a great impact on you. Y/n and I have gotten closer. She have been busy with her projects but she really makes time for us. I haven't been able to attend many classes like how I should. I am usually with dad, when y/n's mom takes my place that's then I go to university.

So I can say that things have been going well. I am currently on my way back home. Y/n's mom again told me to take some rest while she will be with dad. I rang the doorbell and heard hurried footsteps. The door opened revealing y/n in her baggy shirt and sweat pants. A smile spread over her lips and she quickly pulled me in for a hug. I hugged her back as I chuckled. "Gosh I missed you." She mumbled but I heard it.

I pulled away and walked in closing the door behind me. "Missed you too." I spoke softly. "What have you been up to lately?" She hummed as she flopped on the couch and I sat down next to her. "Nothing much, just doing projects. I have around 3 projects with me right now. As you can see this table in front of you." She was right, table was filled with papers and coffee mugs.

"How is your dad?" I nodded. "He is better." She smiled again. "Oh by the way, did you hear about Mark? He moved to New York!" I hated his name. "It's good for him." Was all I said.

The day went by and we both ended up talking for a long time. My eyes were slowly starting to shut while y/n kept on talking.

Y/n's pov:

I was telling Jace about all the drama that happened in university because of a small misunderstanding. When I looked at him, a soft smile took over my lips as I found him sleeping. I giggled and went up stairs to get a blanket for him.

I came back and tucked him inside the blanket while he slept soundly. I ended up staring at him for more than a minute, I shook my head and turned off the lights before heading to my room.

I got inside the covers and went to sleep. Not after too long I jolted up as I heard someone scream. I quickly ran downstairs to find, Jace on his knees crying loudly. Without wasting anytime, I ran to him and kneeled down.

"W-WHATS wrong, Jace? Are you okay? What happened?!" He kept on crying as he let his body lean on mine. I pulled him in my embrace and kept on stroking his hair. "D-dad..." He choked in his words as he cried harder.

"What happened to him?! Jace tell me!" He held me tightly as he cried on my shoulder. "D-dad is no more." My heart dropped in my stomach. I held him tightly, closer to me as tears slipped down my eyes. "Shh he is in a better place now." I kept on stroking his hair as he cried in my neck. "He is with your mom now. You always wanted your dad to be with only one woman right? And that was your mom." I sniffed as he slowly pulled away.

"H-he was all I had...I was such a horrible son to him." He cried again. I held his cheeks as I wiped away his tears. "You were not. He loved you so much. So much that he was ready to leave mom for you..." He looked at me with wide eyes. "W-what?" I nodded. "I heard them talking. Mom was okay with it." He looked down and started crying once again.

"I lost him. I don't have anyone left with me." He cried loudly as I pulled him back in my arms. "No, you have me and mom. We are here for you. I know how you feel. I felt this way too when my dad passed away...You are not alone Jace." He stayed in my arms as he cried.

After a while, he stopped crying, sniffing from time to time in my arms. "Mom said the funeral will be tomorrow...do you wanna see your dad now?" He shook his head. "I-I was a disgrace. He-" before he could say anything further, I spoke.

"You were not! You need to stop thinking that like. He loved you and always will. How can he hate his only child? You are loved my all Jace." He stared at me with glossy big eyes. "Thank you for always being there for me." I smiled. "No need to thank me. We are friends after all." He forced a smile.