Chapter 16

Y/n's pov:

I woke up as the sunlight hit my face through the curtains. With my one eye open I looked around to find myself in Jace's room. My eyes landed on Jace who was sleeping peacefully next to me, his face squished on the pillow as he laid is arm around my stomach. It took me a while to realize what happened last night. It was the most horrible day of my life. I moved around to get his arm off of me but that woke him up. He looked at me with half opened eyes and smiled softly before pulling me closer to him.

He laid my head on his chest and wrapped his arms around him, pulling the covers over us. "Jace I-I have to get up." He hummed. "Do you have school?" He asked, his voice was lower than ever. "No." "Do you have work?" "No" I looked up at him to find him with his eyes closed. "Then let's stay like this." A quick smile took over my lips but it soon left once I thought of mom. I buried my head in his neck and let my tears fall.

Snuggling more closer to him, I felt his grip getting tight around me, making me feel safe. Then I felt his hand gently stroking my hair. "It's ok...I'm here and I'll always be here." I sniffled and nodded. "Your mom would hate to see you cry." I looked up as he wiped my tears away. "I promise to always be by your side. I love you." My heart dropped in my stomach. Those three words...

"Hey hey, why are you crying again?" He panicked and held my face in his hand. "I don't know." He chuckled. "Thank you for being here for me. I-I love you too." He smiled and pecked my head. I snuggled in his neck as sighed in relief.

*Time Skip*

The day went by and Jace asked me if I wanted to see mom one last time, I agreed and went with him to the hospital. I didn't wanted to do anything huge for her funeral. We went back home, I felt better because I had Jace by my side. He didn't leave me for a minute.

I went to moms room, smiling as the moments of us together flashed in my head. I sat down on her bed and looked around. My eyes landed on a piece of paper that was peeking from under the pillow. I pulled it out and opened it.

I have seen how y/n and Jace are with each other. They are not like siblings...They are much more than that...I can't let them stay as siblings. I have seen how Jace treats her, he takes care of her, he loves her but he can't show it and he will one day...whereas for y/n she fell from him when she met him...she doesn't know that but I saw the look in her eyes.

I just hope they stay together. This way y/n will never be alone...even after I leave...

"Y/n..." I looked up to find Jace standing there. He came and sat next to me, he held my cheeks and wiped away the tears...I didn't know I cried.

Jace's pov:

I was done showering so I went to check up on y/n. I didn't find her in her room so I went to her moms room. There she sat on the bed with a paper in her hand, tears streaming down her cheeks. "What's wrong?" I asked softly and wiped her tears away. She didn't say anything but handed me the paper.

As I read it, I smiled at y/n who smiled back. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her closer to me. "I'm not alone mom." Y/n giggled through her tears as she held me tightly. I smiled and placed my chin on her head. "Let's go to bed, we have to go somewhere tomorrow." She pulled away and looked up.

"Where?" She asked, her puppy eyes made me go super soft. "It's a surprise. If I told you it won't be a surprise right?" She giggled and nodded her head. We got up and went to my room, quickly getting inside the covers I pulled her in arms once again. "Goodnight love." She smiled and nodded then pecked my cheek. "Goodnight." She said and we both fell asleep.

*In the Morning*

"Let's-" I went to check it y/n was ready but I stopped midway when I saw her standing by the mirror looking gorgeous as always. "Oh I was coming." She turned and passed a smile. I went closer and wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me, she placed her palms on my chest and smiled.

"You look amazing." She blushed and smiled. "Thanks, you look great too." I smiled and leaned in. I placed my lips on hers, moving them softly. She kissed me back and soon we pulled away from the soft passionate kiss. "Let's go." I grabbed her hand and we both left.

"Can you tell me now where we are going?" I shook my head as I kept on driving. "Meanie." She pouted and looked out the window. "Baby." I pinched her cheeks. Soon we reached our destination. I parked my car and got out along with y/n. She looked around. "This place is huge." She said as she looked at the huge mansion in front of her. "Let's go inside." I threaded her fingers in mine and we both went inside.

"Welcome you two." Jen walked up to us and smiled. I smiled and shook her hand, letting go of y/n's. "Hello, it's nice to meet you." Jen held out her hand in front of y/n. I looked at y/n who stood there frozen. "Love...?" I called her out but she didn't move.

Y/n's pov:

As we walked in, I saw her walk in. She smiled and shook hands with Jace. Then she held her hand in front of me and smiled. I froze on the spot, it felt like everything ended for me.

Why are we at her place?

How does Jace know her?

"Dad don't leave me please..."