chapter eleven

The phone rang and rang and rang but Rocky didn't pick up. Again. CeCe sighed and quickly said, "Rocky, you need to call me now. It's an emergency!" Clicking the end button, she counted how many times she called Rocky. Twenty times. And twenty times she didn't pick up. What would Rocky be doing right now? CeCe thought she studied all the time, but this was weird. She usually had her phone with her whenever she studying, so she couldn't have been doing that. 

CeCe called Rocky again but frowned when she didn't answer. This time, she didn't leave a message. Scrolling through her phone, she clicked on Tinka's contact. It ended the same way Rocky's phone calls ended. No one picked up. She really needed someone to talk to, but Tinka and Rocky weren't answering. Maybe Dina would. 

Apparently she was busy too. She didn't want to call Ty or Deuce because they would laugh at her, but there was no one else to call. She closed her eyes, leaning her head back against the back of the couch. She couldn't have liked Gunther. He used to hate her when they were younger. Didn't he? Or did he secretly like her?

The ringing of the phone made CeCe scream slightly. Opening her eyes, she saw that Flynn was calling. Her heart dropped slightly when she saw her brother's name on the phone. She answered it and said, "What?"

"You are rude," Flynn said, and she could see him rolling his eyes. "I just wanted to let you know that I made it."

"Oh, that's good," CeCe said, tapping her foot against the hardwood floor. "Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Quickly."

"What do I do if I like someone?" There was silence on the other end of the phone, so CeCe thought she lost Flynn. Pulling the phone away from her ear, she saw that the call was still going on. "Flynn? Are you still there?"

"Yeah," Flynn said, his voice soft. "Sorry, Henry is asleep right now and I don't want to wake him up. And about your situation, just follow through with it. What could go wrong?"

"Okay." CeCe smiled slightly, saying, "You're right, Flynn. Thanks. Have a great time with Henry!"

"I will. Bye." Flynn ended the call, but CeCe felt better. She was glad she could talk to someone about her feelings, even if it was her brother. 

CeCe stood up, stretching. If she ever saw Gunther again, she would tell him how she felt. Maybe. Perhaps. Maybe not. She didn't know yet. It was nerve wracking thinking about her feelings for Gunther. She hadn't had those types of feelings for any guy she had ever liked, which was weird. She didn't feel like this years ago, so what was different? 

CeCe walked to her room, wanting to change into her jammies. It was later in the day, so she wanted to wrap herself in a blanket and watch a fun movie. She threw her dirty clothes into the hamper and slid on her fuzzy pajamas. She was ready for some relaxing time. 

As CeCe was walking back into the family room, she pulled her hair up into a messy bun. She turned off the lights in the living room and sat down on the couch, scrolling through the movie channels. Nothing piqued her interest so she randomly chose one. Sitting back on the couch, she wrapped the red blanket around her shoulders. 

She got comfier on the couch when there was a knock on the door. CeCe sighed before standing up, throwing the blanket onto the couch. She opened the door and frowned when she saw a disgruntled Gunther standing in front of her. "What happened to you?" CeCe asked, moving aside to let him in. "I thought you were leaving!"

"I did try to leave," Gunther said, walking forward. CeCe saw him shake slightly, so she rushed to the couch and threw her blanket around his shoulders. "The cab man kicked me out when his car stopped in the snow. He said it was too bad out for him to drive me. I walked all the way back to your apartment."