Chapter 14

Tarah, Serena, and I made our way out of the house just in time. I knew it was dangerous for Tarah and Serena to be anywhere near the fight.

"Go to the cellar at the side of the house. The two kids are there." I told Tarah.

"What about Jeff?" Serena asked curiously.

"Come on, he'll take care of him with those powers of his." Tarah reminded Serena calmly.

Then, the two of them went to the back of the house to enter the cellar. As for me, I waited for Jeff to come out of the front door.

"So, you've decided to fight me? I didn't know there was any others like me." Jeff spoke as he emerged from behind the front door holding a fireball in both hands.

"I'm nothing like you!" I replied seriously.

"Maybe. I'm ore evolved than you are. That's why I'm going to win." Jeff continued talking.

Evolved? What the hell was he talking about? It had to be about my powers. I was still getting used to how my power works, but I wasn't bad at all.

"Just shut up and fight me!" I mentioned strongly.

Instantly, Jeff threw one of the fireballs at high speed and I dodged it quickly. Once Jeff saw me dodge the first fireball, he immediately threw the second one from his other hand.

"Stop moving!" Jeff yelled loudly.

Then, I formed a waterball in my left hand and jumped to throw it at Jeff. He dodged it by leaning to the side. I saw Jeff making another fireball just before I made another waterball.

"I thought we were going to fight, not play dodgeball!" I said sarcastically.

"See if you dodge this!" Jeff replied as he threw the fireball.

My eyes caught the fireball rushing straight at me and I was still able to do it with ease. Or so I thought until the fireball curved behind me and struck me in my back. Pow!

"Ahhh!" I grunted as I stumbled forward.

Okay, I see I'm going to have to rush in on him. I can't fight Jeff long range. I had no idea he could curve his fireballs. So, that means I can't rely on my water powers in this fight. I have to take him down or he'll get away.

"Burns doesn't it?" Jeff asked rhetorically as he made another fireball.

I glanced at him with a more serious attitude. Then, I hid behind a nearby tree to quickly make a waterball in both hands. Running from behind the tree, I threw one at Jeff while hiding the other one. Once he dodged the first one, I dropped the second one just low enough to kick it using my right foot like I was playing soccer. Bop!

Right before Jeff noticed the second waterball, it hit him right in the face. Smack!

"Ahh, damn you!" Jeff screamed right as he brought his eyes back to where I was.

Before Jeff knew it, I was right in front of him. I threw a right hook and just as I expected, he dodged it. He threw a left hook at me. I quickly side stepped to my right side. Then, I used my elbow to uppercut him in the chin. Pow! Jeff fell backward to the ground and was knocked dizzy for a few seconds.

"Ouch, that looks like it hurt." I said sarcastically.

Standing over Jeff who was on the ground, I thought about how his power was stronger than mine. Yet, I still was able to beat him using my own technique. Those boxing classes I took years ago really came in handy.

"Some lucky hit." Jeff mentioned as he gained control over his dizziness.

Reaching into my trench coat pocket, I pulled out a pair of handcuffs to detain Jeff. There at that spot, I cuffed Jeff's hands to the handle-set doorknob on the front door of the house.

"Well, some lucky hit will have you in prison for the rest of your pathetic life." I told Jeff sarcastically.

Jeff grunted. He knew it was over at that point. Although it may have looked that way, Jeff had one more trick up his sleeve.

"The police will be here soon. So, sit tight and enjoy the nature while you can." I told him truthfully.

"Ha, you really have a lot to learn about your powers. And becoming evolved. We're not the only one ya know." Jeff spoke calmly.

"And your point is?" I asked curiously.

"These cuffs won't hold me. Once I get away, I'll be back Maybe you'll be evolved by then." Jeff answered with a smile on his face.

"Yeah. I figured you'd say that." I responded casually.

For the most part, I did agree with one thing Jeff said. I was going to become evolved. Although I couldn't risk him escaping, so I punched him in the jaw with a right hook. Pow! Jeff was out cold. In just a few minutes, the police would arrive shortly to take Jeff to prison.

"Well, that's one down." I whispered to myself.