Chapter 1

[December 20, 2020]

~~~

"Y/N! You're here!" My aunt said after she opened her door for me. I gave her a shy smile as she hugged me.

"Come in, come in" She said. I dragged my luggage inside her house as I roam around.

"Your Aunt Eunice is going for a vacation trip. She can't close her library, since it is your Christmas break, why don't you stay in Daegu for 2 weeks?"

I sighed, remembering my mother's words before coming here in Daegu from Seoul. My Auntie is not married nor have a kid. She's living alone.

"It's good to see you again, Aunt Eun." I said.

"I am pleased, Y/N. It's been so many years since I last saw you. You were this small." She said, gesturing how small I was back then.

I laughed awkwardly, "Things change, Aunt."

"And time flies so fast." She smiled, "Oh, let me show you your room."

I nodded. She led the way and I followed her. I roamed my eyes around her house. Her house is not that big nor small but very cozy. We stopped in front of a door which I'm guessing to be my room.

"This is where you will stay." She opened the room and we went inside.

" She opened the room and we went inside

"It's nice"

She smiled at me, "Glad you liked it."

"Oh! By the way, these are the keys." She handed me a bunch of keys. I gladly took it.

"For the house, this room, and the library. Make sure to be open from Afternoon to evening before dinner. Alright?"

I nodded, "Alright."

"While you are still here, can I look around Daegu?" I asked.

She nodded, "Of course!"

"Thanks" I whispered.

"I'll go now, if you need something just tell me. Okay?" She said.

I nodded, "I will"

Aunt left me after giving me a smile. I looked around and carried my luggage to my bed. I slumped the luggage to the bed.

I sat at the edge of my bed and took my phone. I quickly sent a message to my mother since she adviced me to give her one.

To: Mother

I arrived safely, Mom.

I sighed.

I decided to fix my things first before going out. I'd like to tour myself around even though I'm not somehow familiar with this place.