Chapter 8

[December 24, 2020]

~~~

BOLD - CHWM Y/N
ITALLIC BOLD - CHWM Y/N'S THOUGHTS
NORMAL- OTC Y/N
ITALLIC - OTC Y/N'S THOUGHTS

Bae Joohyun

I got her name in Secret Santa. Now I am more nervous. What should I buy for her? Are there particular things she likes?

"You seem shocked." Seulgi noticed me.

I looked at her, "I was just surprised to see who I got and I don't know what I should get for her."

Seulgi hummed, "Well, anything that comes from the heart is highly appreciated. They won't complain, I promise. Whoever that is, she will appreciate what you will give to her."

"Thank you." I folded the paper again and put it back inside my pocket. Seulgi and I are strolling around Seomun Night Market, hoping to get something for the person we picked.

"No biggie" She smiled again

"Heol, you look like a bear." I voiced out which made her chuckle.

"I get that a lot, honestly."

"No wonder your nickname is Seulbear," I said, remember what Suzy said before. "Is Irene gave you that nickname?"

She shook her head and smiled, "She wasn't. When we were in kindergarten, Hyun Unnie actually met this person before us. Then she met us, she also introduced us to her first friend. They were so close which I think is adorable before. They seem suited for each other. When she introduced us to her friend, she told me what you've said."

"What?"

"Heol, you look like a bear. That's what she said. She also gave the nickname to Irene Unnie since Unnie was like 'How about me? Not giving me a nickname?'"

"What's the nickname though?" I asked.

"It's related to Bunny since she said that Unnie looks like a Bunny. And she's not wrong. Hyunnie looks like a bunny, even now." Seulgi said. "Her nickname is -"

"Y/N?!"

I saw Soojae holding a bottle. "Heyy"

She looks at Seulgi who's standing beside me. "New girlfriend?"

"W-what? Nooo" I denied because she is mistaken.

"Wow, Y/N. I didn't know you came here in Daegu to snatch all pretty girls." Soojae acted as if she's crying. "The first time we met, you tried to ask me out. I feel bad for rejecting you since I, a beautiful girl, broke your heart."

"What are you trying to say???"

Soojae is out of her mind. Help meee!

"Then you brought a beautiful girl too, to our cafe. Is that how who showed me you're trying to move on?" Soojae faked sobs. She looked at Seulgi and held her hands. "I'm sorry because of me she's playing with pretty girls' hearts."

"Are you out of your mind?" I asked. "Are you high?"

Soojae pulled back and let go of Seulgi's hands. "Nah, just kidding. But I'm surprised to see you here."

"Hi, I'm Soojae. I was just kidding with the part of she asked me out." She said.

"But not with the part that she brought a beautiful girl in our cafe." She whispered to Seulgi.

"Yah! I heard that!" I scolded her.

"I'm Seulgi Kang, her new friend." Seulgi politely introduced herself and smiled. Soojae was stunned to see her crescent eyes.