Chapter 2

[December 21, 2020]

~~~

Y/N

I'm freaking bored

I'm freaking bored.

I sighed for I-don't-know how many times. I've been staring out of nowhere since I don't have any shits to do. All I did was check every aisle, clean the dust, and sigh. I've here in my Auntie's library since afternoon. Luckily, she agreed not to open the library yesterday or else I'll die in boredom.

Only few people entered the library. I guess only few people likes to read but why open the library if she's having her vacation?

Right now, I'm sitting in my place, just browsing my phone. I'm dying im boredom. Someone save me.

"....Hello?" I heard a small voice which made me look up.

"Fuck me"

"Excuse me?" She said.

When I realize what I have said, I blinked multiple times and coughed. "Oh, Sorry. I zoned out."

"What can I do for you?" I said while smiling at her.

"I'm actually regular here. Your auntie did told me that you will stay here for awhile. Also I thought, why not introduce myself to you?" She kindly said. "I'm Irene, Irene Bae."

She offered her hand which I reciprocated. "I'm Y/N L/N."

"Have we met before?" I said while staring at her intently. Not in a creepy way but more like analyzing her face if we met before.

I remembered that she was the one with a gorgeus side view and she's even more breath-taking right now. But really, it seems like I had seen her before.

"Is this one of those cheesy pickup lines?" She teased.

I chuckled at her statement, "Maybe? but what is it?"

"I'll answer you 'why?' and you will be like, 'I've seen you in my dreams' or 'you're my future wife' and so on and so for." She said which made me burst out of laughing.

"You seems like you had enough with those pickup line, I assume that you got them a lot?"

"Not to brag about it but yeah."

"Dang, must be tough"

"Quite annoying but I'm used to it." She nodded, "And hey, I'll go and read now."

I nodded and watched her go to her spot.

Guess I have something to do now.

Stare at her.

I've been observing her secretly for 30 minutes

I've been observing her secretly for 30 minutes. She is so engrossed with the book in her hands. That's why I decided to go to her since I've seen her put down the book.

"Is it good?" I asked her, leaning back to the wall. She turned around and showed me the book.

"Yeah" She nodded, "It's False Hope from UNalrtaken. Have you heard about her?"

I nodded to her question, "Yep! I read her other book, Save Me."

"Haven't read that book yet. What's it all about?"

"The main character wanted to be loved but a demon gave her popularity and money. Girls started to love her." I paused for a while and saw how she listen to me really well. "They started dying one by one as a sacrifice."

Her eyes widened, "Why?"

I shrugged, "Just read it to find out."

"I'll finish this False Hope first."

"What is it about?" This time I asked her.

"It's about love triangle romance. But I have the feeling that the female lead will end up with 2nd lead, She should be."

I nodded, "Hmm"

"Oh, by the way, is this your first time here?" Irene asked me.

"Sort of. I've been here when I was a kid, then I left. After so many years, I am here again." I answered her. I noticed that she's fidgeting in her seat.

"So, do you remember your days here?" she asked me, eyeing me strangely.

I think for a second, trying to recall my childhood memories. "I don't remember recall anything."

She fell in silence and reached out to grab her book. That's why I decided to take my leave.

"So, uhm, I'll leave you now. If you need something, just tell me. Continue reading." I told her. She nod her head as I turn around.

She really looks familiar but I don't know where I've seen her.

I went back to my place, not so far from her spot. I can watch her back from the distance.

Few people came in, I will greet them and they will greet back. They won't stay for more than 30 minutes, they will immediately leave. Group of students came too. They were so noisy, I had to hush them. In library, we don't make noise. That's the number 1 rule. They left too after finding what they need.

Irene remained until evening. I'm so close in closing the library. I watched Irene put back the books she used. After that, she made her way towards my spot.

"It's closing time. You can close now." I nodded.

"Uhm, do you want to grab something to eat with me?" I asked, hoping for her to accept it.

"I'm sorry, I have plans for tonight." She politely declined my offer.

Oh well, atleast I tried.

"Alright, maybe next time?"

"We'll see about that." She gave me a timid smile. "I'll get going now. Take care, Y/N."

"Yes, Take care too. Be careful on your way home. See you tomorrow, Irene." I waved at her.

She turned her back as she made her way to the door. I watched her leave and sighed afterwards.

I have something to look forward now.

~~~

Short updateee~

and hey, I've used my future books 🤣