"Thank God, you didn't," Damien exclaimed and then he poured another drink for Nalini who frowned at him.

"Here this will help the latent anger radiating of you," He teased her and she snatched the drink away from him. 

Julian's expression had darkened for a split second when he heard Lola's words but then he straightened up and gave her a forced smile. "It's fine, Damien told me. It's times like these when you realize who your real friends are." 

Lola smiled at him, she admired him for being so strong. She didn't know what she would do if she was in his place. 

They chatted for awhile longer and the girls had one more drink each before Damien decided it was time to leave. Lola stood up and adjusted her skirt, she had only had two drinks but she felt a little light headed and extremely brave, like she conquer the world. 

"Let's do this! Tyler here I come!" She slammed her fist to her palm and grinned widely. 

"She's definitely buzzing," Damien smiled, looking proud for some reason.

Lola nodded like a good student and followed her friends out of the pool house. She was the last to leave and just as she was about to cross the threshold she felt something pull her back inside. 

She whirled around to see Julian who was standing extremely close, their chests almost touching. She gulped as she took in his expression, his beautiful eyes that were focused solely on hers, tugging her closer and closer.

"You don't have to do anything you want to," He said, his voice soft and heavy. "With Tyler."

She slowly pulled her hand out of his firm hold and cast him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Julian. It's just a mission."

He nodded, his face clouded with an emotion she couldn't read and she finally walked away, her heart beating in her chest. 

It's just mission.

Lola's words played in her mind as she thought about Julian's words and Tyler, whom she would be approaching later on. She couldn't help but feel like she was playing fire with fire and wondered if she would end up getting burned. 

They got into Damien's jeep, with Nalini in front this time and Lola looked out the window, trying to ignore the whirlwind of emotions in her chest. 

"You, okay?" Hanna squeezed her hand, bringing her back to reality. 

She squeezed back and cast her friend a reassuring smile.

"Hanna, since Lola is going to be busy with Tyler, I'm going to find you a date tonight. Do you have a type?" Damien asked. 

"What about me?" Nalini complained. "You're going to have to find dates for the both of us." 

"I'm already your date so don't be greedy," He replied, shutting her up. 

Lola and Hanna squealed internally and leaned to the side to get a good look at Nalini. She saw their reactions and mouthed at them to 'shut up' but Lola could tell her friend was currently on cloud nine.

"Hanna's always liked tanned guys. Like Tyronne," Lola grinned cheekily just as her friend punched her. 

"I don't want some Abercrombie model," Hanna said. "Just someone who isn't judgmental." 

"A non-judgemental person in high school? Hanna, I don't think that exists." Damien laughed. "I think Tyronne will do." 

Lola stifled a laugh when Hanna shot her a deathly glare. 

"Okay, girls we are here," Damien announced once they reached a street packed with parked cars. 

Natalie's house was slightly smaller than Damien's but her lawn was huge and there were kids sprawled all over the place. Damien parked his car and then got out but the three of them stayed rooted in place. 

Lola, Nalini and Hanna were dead silent as they stared at the scary scene before them. Their schoolmates and strangers they didn't know were standing in groups, lying in pairs or making out by the sides of the house. 

"Why did we think we could do this?" Hanna murmured in a small voice. 

Lola was still riding on the high from the pre-drinking, it was fading with her nerves but she could always solve that with another drink. She grabbed Hanna's hand and pulled her out with her while Damien pulled a reluctant Nalini out as well.

"We survived these two cocky boys. The rest can't be any worse," Lola whispered to Hanna, trying to make her feel better.

Who knew she could be so wrong?