23. The Plan

"You're beautiful," Jade said to Devi and Brady gasped. He was in the process of introducing them and couldn't quite believe his ears.

"In all the time I've known you, never have you given me a compliment, wow so much for friendship. Did I not bat my lashes enough?" Brady demonstrated, earning a scoff from Devi.

"It's not a compliment, it's a fact," Jade said.

"It's not like I'm jealous or anything but you've never facted me or whatever," Brady pouted. "Might even have to call child services," he mumbled, crossing his arms.

"Okay here's a fact for my sweet Brady, you talk way too much," Jade said.

"Ouch," Brady said then smiled suddenly. "It's not as flashy but I'll take it! It's sort of like my superpower too so yeah..."
Jade rolled his eyes.

"Yeah no kidding," Devi said and Jade smirked. "The rest of us just have to live in consistent agony because of our super limited verbosity, don't we?"

Brady narrowed his eyes, "It's nice to know you two are going to get along just fine, ugh," pinching the bridge of his nose.

He remembered why he was here in the first place.

Leo had started it. Acting distant for whatever reason. And Brady didn't know how to deal with it.

Still no reply...

Brady's frustration came back to him. Which he seemed to be doing a lot of lately. Yes Leo had said this was sort of a busy week for him but something didn't feel right about it. Which is how he carried out the most effective ritual he came to know of.

"I mean... we've gone all the way by now–"

"Did you just–?" Jade scoffed. "Okay are the paramedics outside?"

"Well why are you shocked? You should have seen them at the club baby!" Devi said to Jade.

Brady had invited them both for ice cream, thinking it was time they met. Brady didn't know why he was worried the two might not get along.
He'd been worried at first because he didn't know how Jade would handle new people in his life. In his own experience, he had just sort of stuck around in determination till Jade accepted him.

But then again, what harm could it have done him?

He'd introduced them and despite the fact that they spoke like friends from way back, they'd only met like ten minutes ago. They got along better than Brady had expected, to his relief.

"Okay spill out every fucking detail," Jade said, reeling back in his seat.

Brady spilled. He started from the club, to his family, to their fight and make up. Finally, what was bugging him currently. Devi also seemed to be fascinated by the escalation of the events evident by the widening of his eyes in several parts.

"He's even met the family! Devi can you believe this guy?"

"Actually yeah," Devante replied, thinking Jade must be coming from somewhere else.

"You don't understand, not even two months ago, our innocent looking Brady was only into girls," Jade said.

"You're joking right?" Devi was amused. He looked from Brady to Jade and then back.

"Can you guys stop talking like that? I'm right here you know." Brady rolled his eyes.

"You seem to have missed something important here, who is this guy?" Jade asked.

Brady took a deep breath, "It's Leo," he said.

Three, two, one...

"No! No fucking way! Met's Leo?"  Jade couldn't believe it.