Chapter One

Hello and thank you for reading! I have no idea what this is going to turn into, but I just enjoy the pairing of Hermione and George. This is going to be a slow burn as there is a lot of things going on in the Wizarding world. Obviously, I do not own the characters or story of Harry Potter, but I do hope you all enjoy!

Chapter One:

Hermione POV:

There were very few places in the world where Hermione felt completely safe and protected. Surrounded by her favorite wizard family with flaming red hair was one of those few places. She was thankful that her mother allowed her to spend part of her Summer holiday with the Weasley's. It wasn't like last year where she stayed to go to the Quidditch World Cup at the Burrow. That seemed like worlds away now.

That was before You-Know-Who returned.

That was before Cedric Diggory was murdered at Hogwarts.

She was admiring the comforting feeling that the people around her brought to this damp and dusty place. The Weasleys' somehow breathed life into anywhere they were. Ronald and Ginny were busy playing Wizards Snap Infront of a roaring fire in the living room. The twins were enjoying messing with Crookshanks with the muggle toys that Hermione had packed for her cat. The room was filled with soft music that was playing from a record player in the corner of the room, something that was from the muggle world but enchanted to magically switch vinyl records as a side was finished so one didn't have to get up and change the music.

Although the children were filled with life and messing around in the living room, they knew they were missing out on vital information from the closed door in the room down the hallway. The Order was meeting again.

"Deep in thought, Hermione?" George teased as he plopped next to her and looked at the book she was reading. "It can't possibly be about Hogwarts a History. This copy looks like it's going to fall apart."

She rolled her eyes. "If you must know, I was deep in thoughts unrelated to the book. However, this book is falling apart because it's a fascinating and comforting read that I like to return to now and again."

Fred apparated to be behind her and he snatched the book from her hand. "I don't think I've ever read this. Even when I was supposed to in my first year."

The girl snatched her book back from his hands. "That explains a lot."

"Does it?" Fred challenged. "I would argue that Georgie and I know that school better than you like the back of our hand."

"We do have a rather lot of experience running away from Filch and Mrs. Norris. We know all of the secret passageways."

Ronald spoke up. "A lot of that is thanks to the map. Harry has that now."

"Our success isn't part of the map... sure we started off that way." Fred began.

"But how do you explain us not getting caught still after giving him that map years ago?" George wiggled his eyebrows and leaned his head against the velvet sofa.

"I'm still mad you didn't give me the map. I was in school at the time. I could've snuck off to Hogsmeade with that." Ginny frowned and swiftly took victory over the hand of Wizards Snap which made Ron grunt in frustration and demand a rematch.

"Mum would've killed us." George laughed.

"Why am I going to kill you?" Molly Weasley asked. She was looking rather stressed out and skinny. She had lost weight since they all moved into the old Black household. "Besides all of the wand waving that's been driving me mad. What else do I have to worry about?"