Chapter 31 - A superhero that was sadly taken down on a mission

Start from the beginning

"Can you tell me why you were crying?" he suddenly asks.

No, I want to say out loud, because the last guy I told my story to, turned out to be a jerk.

"I've had a bad past with guys, so when I got touched on my shoulder unexpectedly it made my past flash before my eyes."

Chris is quite beside me as he gathers his thoughts, he suddenly goes tense as he turns his body towards me, "Has anyone hit you before?"

I nod my head looking ahead of me, unable to speak.

Silence fills the car for a few minutes, "Say something," I plead looking at him and seeing tears gathering in his eyes.

He's crying?

He's crying because of me... what a sweetheart.

He cares for me so much, he shows that to me every time we're around each other.

"Why are you crying?" I ask gently, whipping away a tear rolling down his beautiful face.

"Because," is all he says looking pained.

"Because why?"

"An angel like you shouldn't ever have to go through something like that, I'm so sorry. It pains me to know that you had to go through that alone."

"I wasn't alone, I had Chase," I trail off thinking sadly about my big brother.

He was my superhero... a superhero that was sadly taken down on a mission.

"Who's Chase?" He asks as he places his hand over mine where it's placed over his cheek.

"My big brother," I reply sadly staring into his dark, rich eyes.

Seeing as he was about to start asking more questions on the matter, I interrupt him before he can do so. "I don't want to talk about it."

"It's okay when you're ready," He states understanding.

What did I do to deserve someone like him?

"Thank you."

Chris smiles at me, "Why are you thanking me?"

"Because your so amazing to me, I don't deserve you."

"You need to learn your worth butterfly, your a gem, any guy in your presences is lucky to have you." He replies confidently and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear.

He places his hand behind my neck and moves my face closer to his, "Can I kiss you?"

Oh how badly I want to kiss the living heck out of the man in front of me, but it's not aloud.

We can get fired for this if Liam finds out that were involved with each other, other than a working relationship.

"Liam," I breathe out stressed.

He nods, understanding and swallows hard, "Please Lola."

Oh, what the hell, I'm going to do whatever I please.

And if that's kissing the man in front of me, I will.

"Okay," I whisper gazing and getting lost in his eyes.

He gently moves his head closer to my own and captures my lips between his own.

Our kiss is not passionate and heated.

It's delicate, sweet and soft.

Just like the conversation we just were having.

As our lips move slowly and in sync with one another, all I can hear in my head is,

I'm jumping into the deep end and the truth is... I know I am.

But I don't care.

What did all of you think?

Do you like where this book is going?

Do you have any predictions of what's going to happen?

And lastly are you going to keep reading? 

Let me know if there are any mistakes.

I would appreciate if you would tell your followers to read my book and to tell their followers to read my book as well.

Remember don't be a silent reader!!

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE WITH YOU'RE FRIENDS, AND FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM!!!

Peace out, till tomorrow...

Xoxo, Lexi