Chapter 8: Being Evil Takes a Toll

Faybelle's P.O.V.

I woke up again. I was still chained to the energy drainer. I collected my strength and turned to looks at my surroundings. The same Beauty ballroom. Tables and chairs looked bent, burnt or toppled over. The food was smashed and smeared onto the cream colored walls. Trashed items that had been used as magic bullet were scattered across the white marble floor. The large light-pink banner reading: Congratulations graduates!, had been torn so badly it read something like: Congr  ula ons g adutates!.

I felt both guilty and proud. I just ruined my best frenemy's big party, yet I, Faybelle Thorn, was one step closer to fulfilling her destiny and becoming the most feared villain. I shook away the guilty feeling and put a intimidating glare on my face. The guard dressed in perfect silver armor with a rose engraving held the chain. Briar's dad, King Phillip, beckoned him over and he attached the chain to a giant cream pillar. I groaned and someone turned and approched me. It was no other than Briar Beauty. She looked depressed even though she was wearing one of the most spell binding outfits. "I'm sorry," I mumbled, trying to make sure no one but her would hear me.

I expected insults, a punch, a hard slap, her spitting on me in disgust but instead she said warmly, "Thank you."

"Thank you?" I said, confused.

"Thank you. I know what you did and I am forever grateful. You cursed everyone, so I wouldn't lose my friends and family. You knew that was the one thing I dreaded and you took it away. You are the best frenemy ever after and I'm glad you were destined to curse me," Briar smiled.

I just nodded not knowing what to say. Briar added, "Oh and one more thing!"

Briar grabbed out a silver key with amythest gemstones and inserted it into the lock. Click!  I wiggled out and flapped my wings gently. I started flying swiftly away and I turn back one more time and smile at Briar. She was my best frenemy forever after.

I flew all the way home and it was quite a tiring trip. My wings didn't enjoy being squished between the chains. This night wasn't the coldest before. I liked the night breeze too. My platinum blonde hair flying into the sky. I landed at the large stone steps of my castle's front door.  My family called our home the Dark Fairy Villa, but the outsiders think of it as a castle. 

It wasn't really known, but my mother was queen of all fairies making me princess of all fairies. I despised that I had to take Princessology, Princess Design classes, so at the first week I immediately requested a transfer. Luckily Headmaster Milton Grimm thought these classes weren't neccessary for fulfilling my destiny, so he took them off my schedule. I replaced the classes with Cheerhexing (cheerleading) and Wing Care. I can not imagine what it would I be like in Princessology class. Me wearing pink poofy dresses and having royal teaparties made me want to throw up or burn everything in my sight.

My mother was waiting outside, she looked proud.  Her black hair was  in a perfect bun and she had on a lovely white gown with a black belt of thorns. She had a dazzling silver crown with little purple and blue gemstones and a matching necklace. My father was there too, his platinum blonde hair (that's how I got my platinum blonde hair) neatly combed back. He had on a regal gray suit too. He was wearing his prized black leather boots, of which he only wore on special occassions and his favorite emerald colored tie.  "Hello," greeted my father.

I give him a respectful nod. We weren't that close. He was always busy with work and I was always busy with just being evil. No one tried fixing the relationship, so it fell apart. I still loved him because he was my dad and all, but that was it. I guess being evil put a huge strain on my family's relationships. I was closer with my mother, but most time we had together was just being evil which isn't bad at all. It's just I always wondered if we could have one time together and put the entire destiny thing aside. I have always tried to make her proud and I guess I wish she would love me not because I am her heir to her evil destiny, but because I'm me, Faybelle Thorn.