Chapter 6: Mother Would Be Proud

Faybelle's P.O.V

I am positively sure of how mother would be proud of me after today. Ohhh, the long boring lectures on General Villainy will all be worth it after this. How I will be closing the storybooks on my pre-destiny life and say hello to evilness. Dark fairies (like myself) gain powers as they grow. There are no limits, unlike goodfairies like fairy godmothers: Farrah Goodfairy. Their powers are limited till 12 AM and 12 PM. Me however can unlimited as long as I am still here. 

Before everything of course, I must choose an outfit. This outfit will be written in the storybooks forever and will be the most famous. Mother's chose black robes with some purple and a two spiked crown. I want to go with something less gothic, more punk or edgy but it'll still have that evil flair. No seamstress could capture my outfit, so why not use some magic. I closed the door of my room and chanted a spell. Poof!  

Powder-blue smoke and lime green smoke cicled around me and I was wearing a spellbinding dress. I had on a one piece dress, the top was  icy blue with short sleeves. Under was a layer of icy blue fabric with a highlo pattern, the back's fabric was lower while in the front the fabric was higher, this created a V shape at the front. A similar but shorter silver layer is on top with a final netted black layer. I have on a steel armored corset with shoulder pads. The corset is striped in the back meaning there's bars connecting the front, while the front is a "full" piece engraved with thorned accents and blue crystals. I have on simple icy blue heels that reach my ankle but then have a portion that are thorns that curl up to my  knees. Somewhat like Ashlynn Ella's Signature heels.

As I head out the door, my mother, Desiree Thorn calls me. "Yes?" I answer, as I enter her room.

My parents' room is large with white walls and ebony wood floors. Shelves are filled with anceint spell books and ingredients. There's a special shelf that just holds family memories, literally. A dark fairy can capture a memory by enchanting a glass bottle and leaving it there. As you go off and chat and spend time together the bottle stores the memories until it is full. You simply cap the enchanted bottle and the memory is there always. Opening the bottle will reveal a smoky fog showing the memory.  I have always loved this neat trick and I collect glass bottles from different places just so I can capture memories.

"I would like you to have this, Faybelle," my mom says, beckoning me to come towards her. I fly and stand by her. She grabs a bronze box from one of the shelves and opens it. I expected dust to come out, but instead the contents are spotless. Inside is a necklace who's chain is like a vine of thornes and a crystal fairy. The fairy is holding a sapphire. There is also a crown that has two spikes, but they're much smaller than the ones my mother has.

She gives me the heavy bronze box. She takes the necklace and hangs it on my neck and places the tiara in my platinum blonde hair. "Years ago I had the exact same chance as you," explains my mother, "It could've been great, why would anyone want for Sleeping Beauty to sleep for 100 when I can make everyone sleep for 100 years! Raven Queen's mother, Evelina Queen or Evil Queen took that away from me. You know that she stole my greatest oppurtunity by cursing me the day before. DO NOT FAIL ME FAYBELLE! I do not want you to have limited power."

I smile, "I will not fail you, mother."

She smiles evily, "Good, I'll be watching. Curse them all for not inviting us to their parties! Oh they'll always remember our names, the Thorn's!"

I fly off, feeling proud of myself. I would not let my mother down, not today. To be honest, finding Briar's home was easy even if it was pitch black out. 2 miles away and you could hear the blast of the music and cheers of the guest. Why wasn't I invited to the fun? No matter, they'll regret it today. I comtemplated on what spelltacular grand entrance I would make and I decided to follow my mother's. As Sapphire Goodfairy, daughter of Merryweather was about to grant her gift I appeared in green and icy blue smoke. I smiled wickedly, "I think you forgot about me. No matter, I am here now. Oh! I brought a gift too. When Briar Beauty is 18, she will prick her finger on a spinning wheel and die."

"NOOOO!" shrieked Briar, "Faybelle, what have you done?"

I look into her eyes and I see innocence. Could I really let her die in two months? At least show her friends some mercy. "And when she pricks her finger, every human on this planet will fall asleep for 100 years!"

A king ordered loudly, "Guards get her!"

Guards chase me at all directions. People moved out of the way and start panicking. Many people head towards the exit. "No where to run," sneers one of the guards.

"Oh no, I can't go anywhere," I say, sarcastically, "What about up?"

I zoom up my icy blue wings fluttering. Guess the guards didn't of that. Boy, oh boy would my mother be proud. I start zapping the guards with freezing spells. Most of the guests had fled. "WAIT! I CAN STOP HER!" screamed no other than Raven Queen.

Ughh, this bird brain always ruins my plans. Her mom's the Evil Queen, one of the greatest villains. Raven was born with magic, it's sad to see it go to waste when she rebelled. I wasn't scared of her, she barely practiced her spells and I knew I had the upper hand. After I signed the Storybook of Legends my powers got even more powerful too. Let this battle begin!