Chapter 10: The Big Bad Birthday

The day had come: August 9th. Briar had bascically slept through the last two weeks. Not that she wanted to, it was more like some force forced her to drift into deep sleep. Briar's mother, Aurora, had also been sleeping more too. The healers, Fauna, Flora and Merryweather all believed it was because of Faybelle's new curse. It was affecting everyone who once had Sleeping Beauty as their destiny. When Briar woke up, she WAS NOT in a good mood. She sludged herself to extra late brunch and ate with her mother, who had also just woken up.

"Morning, Briar!" smiled Aurora with a yawn.

Briar greeted, half asleep, "Good morning -yawn-, mother."

Briar's 8 brothers rushed to the dining table. Tenacity, Loyalty and Courage was carrying a golden cradle holding Briar's triplet baby brothers. "What's wrong?" asked Aurora, lifting up the golden cradle and rocking it in her arms.

Courage said, "We'll miss Briar."

Loyalty agreed, "And we don't want to lose her so-"

Gallantly finished his brother's sentence by saying "We're going to tie her up, so we always know she's safe."

Aurora snorted at her sons' comments, but knew they meant well. "Briar, how about you take them to your room and find a belt, sash or something stylish they can use," suggest Aurora, keeping her daughter's fashion interest in mind.

Briar agreed, "Alright, mother. Come along now."

The 5 brothers followed leaving the sleepy queen alone rocking the cradle/basket. Briar opened the wide doors and rushed her brothers to her grand walk in closet.  "Pointy," commented Loyalty, poking at his sister's silver earrings.

"How about this?" questioned Briar, picking up a black zipline rope.

The zipline rope was twisted and was like a long line of thorns. Briar had used it to zipline around Ever After High campus. It was made from fairies who weaved everything tightly into place. "Perfect!" screamed her brothers in unison.

Honor, one of Briar's younger brothers, tied it around his sister's belt. They all gave a hard tug and the rope stayed in place. They decided that whenever Briar was on the move around the castle they would take the other end of the rope, but when she was staying in one place they would tie her to a stone pillar (with enough room to move around the room) and go about doing their own things. Besides, the ALL guards had been stationed at all castle exits.

Briar said she would play with them soon, but she wanted some time alone first. Honor and Courage tied the end of the rope to her bedpost and said she had to tell them when she wanted to walk. Then all of her brothers left. The princess picked up her phone and hexted the last person anyone would expect: Prince's Disguise.

Briar: Hi, I need a favor.

After a few minutes Prince's Disguise was online and he/she replied:

Prince's Disguise: Sure, what is it? Sorry to hear about the curse.

Briar: Yeah I know, but that's why I need the favor.

Prince's Disguise: Ask away.

Briar: I need you to call me after my family finishes my birthday dinner.

Prince's Disguise: Why?

Briar: Because I might wander off and prick my finger. I'll send you my Mirror Phone ID so you can track me. If I go to a strange place get me out of there by calling me.

Prince's Disguise: Sure, I can do that. One more question though. What about your other friends?

Briar: Ashlynn has chores because she's the next Cinderella, so she gotta train. Apple sleeps really early because she needs her "beauty sleep" and Blondie is always busy with her Mirror Blog. My cousin, Rosabella Beauty, is going to be at the dinner, so it defeats the point. Everyone else isn't that close with me.

Prince's Disguise: I am glad I'm your 5th choice then.

Briar: Hey! I didn't mean it like that!

Prince's Disguise: I'm only kidding. Now when does the dinner end?

Briar: 8PM, I think.

Prince's Disguise: Wow! That is late!

Briar: Hey! It's my last birthday, okay?

Prince's Disguise: Not if I can help it.

Briar: Soooo you will do it?

Prince's Disguise: Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Briar: Thank you so much! My ID is: BB8915

Prince's Disguise: Got it! See you at 7:01PM!

Briar: Thanks. Charm you later!

Briar happily went off and enjoyed playing some boardgames with her brothers. At 5PM, her father asked Briar to come to the private kitchen, where no one but the royal family was allowed. Tenacity said, "Will you please hold still? I'm trying to tie you to the kitchen pillar!"

Briar answered, a little embarressed, "Sorry."

After the knot was tied Tenacity left to play some more. King Phillip asked Briar, "Are you ready to make that cake?"

Briar nods. Ever since she could remember on her birthday she and her dad would make a divine strawberry shortcake with chocolate sprinkles and milk chocolate dipped strawberries.

The two got out the ingredients and got to work. Briar made the icing and her father made the shortcake. Honor came rushing in and started screaming to his father, "Mom, needs you NOW!"

Phillip and Honor rush off, forgetting that Briar had been tied to a pillar. Briar squeaked, "Hello? Anyone?"

Something hit Briar and it made her fall into a trance. She started walking towards the cobblestone wall and away from the wooden furniture. A door magically appeared and Briar's zipline rope snapped. Briar's trance made her open the door and she walked down the stone stairs. She held onto the wooden railing and ventured down. Little did she know that the railing had an engravement of a spinning wheel and the initials: F.T.

Though the stairs were heading down, Briar swore she was going up. As she reached the end of the stairs she found herself at a stone tower. She had never explored this part of the castle before. She didn't even know how to get up there! She opened an oak door and inside was Faybelle Thorn in a stunning black dress spinning thread on a spinning wheel. A tranced Briar was awfully curious about this spinning wheel. "Would you like to try spinning some thread?" offered Faybelle.

Briar answered without thinking, "Yes please."

"Sit," Faybelle commanded, but Briar rushed over to the spinning wheel and pricked her finger on the needle.

Briar dropped to the floor already asleep. Faybelle smiled wickedly and imagined her proud mother. In an instance she poofed away and every human in Ever After drifted to sleep. 

The three goodfairies (the new ones) Sapphire, Jade and Ruby sensed something wasn't right. Ruby summoned a portal to bring them to the source of the change. They found Briar Beauty in a deep sleep with some scarlet blood on her finger. They saw the spinning wheel and knew what had happened. They made a large, fancy bed appear and placed Briar on it. "Only her true love can save her now," weeped Sapphire.

Jade mumbled sadly, "Let's hope he isn't asleep."

The three goodfairies left, hoping dearly that someone could break Faybelle's curse.