"That's the price of betrayal." I huff, running my hands up and down my arms though I'm not sure the goosebumps are still because of the cold.

Julia throws her hands in the air. "Fine, I probably deserve that. But I was just about to tell you I warmed up the hot tub for you to use." 

"There's a hot tub?" As I ask the question, my mind already wanders to dangerous places I shouldn't be thinking of in front of her family. "Guess you're joining me, then." 

With a sultry smile, she replies, "Guess I am."

Josh appears beside Julia. "Then I guess you have to pay the price too." Before anyone can react, he pushes Julia into the pool. Then he was running back into the house before Julia even surfaces.

"Joshua, you are such an asshole!" Julia shouts just as Josh reaches the sliding door.

"Enjoy the hot tub!" Josh waves then he was gone.

"To be fair, the hot tub wasn't in the agreement." Jimmy sticks his tongue out and he, Jace, and Laura follow Josh inside, all laughing.

For a moment, Janelle looked like she was about to murder Josh. She looks at Julia and asks, "You okay?"

"Fine," Julia snaps before taking the hand I held out to help her up.

Janelle nods before going back inside.

"I swear I'll strangle him in his sleep." Julia gathers the hem of her shirt and wrings it. She glares at me. "Stop laughing!" 

I raise my hands up in a conciliatory gesture. "Whoa, chill." I wrap an arm around her shoulder. Making a mental note not to play pranks on Julia, I ask. "Where's that hot tub?"

Julia marches and we turn around a corner I didn't notice earlier where a 7x7 jacuzzi filled with steaming water is just waiting for its occupants. It's hidden from the view of the house, giving a sense of privacy. 

Beside the tub, Julia gathers the hem of her shirt and tugs it over her head. Seeing my gaping expression, she raises an eyebrow. "You're not going in like that, are you?"

"But..." I make a vague gesture toward the house.

"It's fine. They won't bother us." She struts toward a cabinet to the side after also shedding her jeans, and pulls out two terry cloth robes. She drops them to the lounge chair. When she sees me still fully clothed, a bit of her sour mood slips away and she asks in a teasing tone, "You want me to take off your clothes for you?"

"I'd love that if it weren't for your brothers practically a door away." I shed my clothes as Julia climbs the three low steps leading to the tub lowers herself into the water. My gaze follows every inch of her pale skin as it submerges.

A few moments later, after shedding my clothes and only in my underwear, I join her and sit on the opposite side facing her. "Damn, that feels good." I eye my companion. She had her arms crossed in front of her chest, clearly still pissed by the stunt her brother pulled. With a grin, I say, "You look kinda cute when you're pissed."

Julia's eyebrows shoot up. "You think I'm cute."

"Adorable."

"You're pissing me off even more."

I laugh and hold my left arm open. "C'mere."

Julia shoots me an indignant glare but scoots closer until I had my arm wrapped around her shoulder. She nuzzles my neck. "Hm. While pushing me into the pool is unnecessary, this alone makes it worth it." Her breath tickles my neck, making me shiver despite the heat surrounding us.