36. Heated

Alex comes back into the room with a mug on one hand and a glass of water on the other. She places the glass on her bedside table and hands me the ceramic filled with dark liquid before sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Thanks." One whiff of it tells me that this is the same one they use in Books and Brews. I take a sip of the coffee and let out a satisfied groan, silently thanking Kaldi for discovering the beverage. Alex meets my eyes through the rim of the cup, an indiscernible expression etched across her face. "What?" I ask.

Alex doesn't say a word. Instead, she takes the cup from me and places it beside the glass of water. My mouth is in the middle of protesting when she shuts me up with her own. She edges closer to me, probing me with her lips, deepening the kiss.

Oh. This is so much better than coffee.

I reach up to cup her face. She rests a hand over my stomach and suddenly I wished I wasn't wearing a wool sweater that prevents me from feeling her warmth. As if reading my thoughts, Alex slips her hand inside.

I gasp at the pleasant sensation of her hand on my bare skin. She makes a trail from my stomach upwards until her thumb rubs gently over my ribs and her fingers caress my side, sending tingles that tug at my stomach.

Alex licks and bites my lower lip with a throaty groan. A second later and her tongue starts exploring the inside of my mouth. My hand moves from her cheek to the back of her head while the other tugs on her top, both with the intent of pulling her closer to me. She's barely doing anything much to be considered sexual, yet my body feels as hot as the coffee I just drank.

Alex pulls back just long enough to let us both catch a breath. She takes this moment to pull me down so I was lying with my back flat on the bed. The mattress shifts as she props a knee on it and the other lands between my thighs. Her other hand is propped beside my head, supporting her upper body's weight.

She dips her head and kisses the side of my throat. She inhales deeply. "You smell so good." Her voice comes out low and husky. The hand inside my sweater snakes its way to my back. I arc my back knowing what Alex was trying to achieve and she wastes no time unclasping my bra with one flick.

Her fingers lazily trace a trail from my back to the curve of my left breast. With a flick of her thumb over one nipple, my body jerks, and I make a sound between a moan and a gasp.

"Fuck." Alex seems to lose control for a moment. She thrusts her leg upwards, hitting the right spot between my thighs that causes me to grab onto the back of her shoulders in reflex. A full-on, unrestricted moan escapes my lips to which Alex replies, "Fuck, love." There was an edge to her voice—something akin to desperation.

Our lips touch again, and this time all the pretenses of being gentle were thrown out the window. Alex kisses me hard. No, scratch that. She's not kissing me. She's claiming me. It's a new side of Alex I'm seeing. Alex, who always seems so calm, so easygoing, so in control. I take a fistful of her hair in one hand looking for something to grab on to.

An erect nipple finds itself in the mercy of Alex's thumb and index finger. She twists it lightly and a wave of pleasure washes over me. I can feel the throbbing of my groin getting harder and harder. "Oh my God Alex." I'm more than aware of the wetness between my thighs. And she has barely touched me.

Her lips leave my mouth and find my throat where she nips hard. Her teeth scrape my skin, but instead of pain, another surge of pleasure is what rocks me. A soft, wet, lick covers the part she just nipped. I find myself gripping her hair tighter.

This time, Alex moans. Encouraged by the reaction, I tug her upwards and plant wet kisses along her throat. Another moan escapes her lips when I start to make laps with my tongue on the base of her throat. "Baby.."