Cap 7: monsters

Clay woke up to pitch black, he was resting on what felt like a bed with a headache and weight on his chest; he looked down to find a Bush of Brown hair just below his chin, George was sleeping calmly resting his head on his chest he slowly took a hand up and petted his head showing with caution his caramel locks from his tranquil face.

He looked around trying to find the other two teenagers in the darkness.

He supposed they must alredy be in Nick's room or basement; he moved there after he became tirtheen years old since he wanted more space for his paintings, his parents agreed and used his old room as a in-house gym.

His eyes were starting to adjust to dark that surrounded him so finding the forms of stuff became easier, he Saw two buddles on what looked like the old and slightly broken sofa bed that was in Nick's basement and that he would normally use When staying overnight; he supposed that when he passed out they must had left him in the bed and just left George sleep with him.

He didn't felt tired and there was pretty much no light, how long was he out? He felt George move in his sleep frowning, he grabbed him closer and kissed his forehead cuddling him, he was starting to close his eyes and rest until he woke up because of a sound.

It wasnt creek like what he would expect to hear normally in a old house basement's but blured and odd like the combination of a growl and a gulp. He looked up trying to find it's source to come with nothing; giving it up to his imagination he closed his eyes again and there it was louder and accompanied by a piff.

He looked up again to find nothing, Clay hugged George tightly to him and closed his eyes no sound this time he was starting to fall assleep again When a scream woke him up he opened his eyes to find a pair of Shining purple eyes in the darkness with a screaming Willbur kicking the air.

He inmediatly left George aside and ran over to Will who was alredy being tugged by one of his arms with strenght, thats When Clay Saw the clawed hands that envolved one of the brit's feet small purple particles lighting up from it, George rushed towards them and finally helped to get Will out of the creatures grasp bright red marks on his skin.

Something lighted up in Clay's mind protect, light, light.

He scrambled in the floor being followed by his friends, he was going to look over to the eyes that stood looking for them When the same voice lighted in his head

No eye contact, danger.

-don't look at it!- he screamed starting to Pat down the wall besides the door -run upstairs, i'll catch up with you-

-we can't leave You here- George looked over at his boyfriend's face But Saw his before playfull normally Golden for him eyes broken apart by a thin withe and black X

They all ran upstairs as Clay pressed the light button being able to see his contricants body, a pitch black creature with glowing purple eyes expresionless

Kill, kil, kill, hurt it, hurt it

He took a metal baseball bat not really expecting much from it; there was no explanation for what he was feeling, there was a whole new emotion like adrenaline But stronger and mercyless like animal instinct, he looked up at the tall and limb figure directly to it's void eyes.

-game on-

It inmediatly ran to him being hit over in what Clay tought was it's knee while he started moving towards the stairs, it scratched his arm But he didn't feel a thing what was happening to him? Another hit and another he kept his pase with extreme caution finally reaching the first floor hearing the sweet and calm sound of water against the rock outside.

Perfect.

He left the thing hit him one then twice before aiming directly for the head making it lose balance and control taking advantage of it to run away and Open the door, he stood there looking directly at it, it trembled in rage looking back at him, he took one step back then two he kept his slow pace until rain started flooding over him without taking his eyes off the creature.

-come on fucker!-

He took his eyes out and heard a piff near his left and inmediatly swinged the bat taking a scratch on his face as the creature started to desintegrate with a ungodly shriek being hit with the bat one last tome before sucumbing on the floor like dust.

He looked up to the sky, how did he do that?

He walked over to the house hoping no one outside Saw his little act, the blond found the rest of his peers inside Nick's parents room he laughed and left himself fall beside George hugging him the marks on his skin starting to burn up.

-w-what the fuck was that?- Nick ran a hand trought his hair shaking

-i have no idea...do You have band aids or something?-

He noded and went trought some gabinetes finally coming back with band aids and gauze for his hurt friend getting help from George and Will to band him up each gime Clay looked more and more like he had been hurting himself on porpuse and he kind of did.

After being bandaged he left himself fall over George hugging him and hiding his face on the crook between his neck and collarbone, he hugged him back rubbing his back.

-back to being a fourth wheel..- said Willbur standing up and stretching

-what the fuck was that?- nick looked over at Clay who sighed and hugged George tightlier now he felt sick

-i don't know-

They left it at that and decided to sleep in the living room hoping the incident would'nt repeat and it didn't, they still didn't have a explanation for it but they were relieved there were no scary shadow creatures trying to take them away.

But that was just the start.