6

Eden.

I couldn't tell how long we lay together. What felt like ages could've been only a few minutes. It was nice, just laying here with him. We were quiet, neither of us having anything to say to the other. He was probably just letting me take in what had just happened.

Where had the sudden burst of confidence come from? That certainly wasn't anything Eden Greene would do, but I liked it.

He still held me to his side, his fingertips brushing up and down my bare torso absentmindedly. I didn't know how to react to the situation. I couldn't stop moving, nor get into comfortable position. This was all so unfamiliar to me.

He must've sensed my discomfort, because he sat up momentarily and pulled the duvet over my body before returning to our position.

"Better?" he asked. I nodded. "I know this is all so soon. I shouldn't have asked you to do that, you weren't ready."

His mouth turned down in a frown and his brows furrowed together. He was upset with himself, when he had no reason to be.

"I wanted to," I insisted. The music was still playing softly in the background and his hands stopped at the apex of my torso. He held me to his body, but not tightly.

"I just want to take things one thing at a time, I don't want to rush you."

"Well I would say that was a first step, wouldn't you?" I smiled up at him. He returned my smile gently and leaned down before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"If you ever feel rushed, just tell me."

"I will."

He removed himself from our embrace and stood from the bed. Removing his blazer and white button up, he was left bare from the waist up.

God, he was so fit. His abs defined, but not too prominent. A v-line heading towards his. . . well, you know where. A thin patch of hair starting at his belly button and following down his torso. And then, I noticed, two little pink dots below both of his nipples.

"Yes, I have four nipples," he smirked.

He had caught me staring.

"Sorry," I blushed, becoming ever more embarrassed than I already was.

"Don't be," he said as he shrugged on a black t-shirt. "You should probably change. I'll make us dinner. I'll call you when it's ready."

He left the room, leaving me curled up in the blanket on his bed all by myself. As soon as I heard his footsteps descend down the stairs I rushed to my room to put on some clothes.

I joined him around half and hour later in the dining room. He had made breakfast for dinner - pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

"I'm not a great cook, but I make a mean breakfast," he chuckled.

"It looks great, thank you."

We made small talk for a bit, but things still felt fairly awkward between us. I had no idea what to say to make things feel normal. To not struggle looking for something to say.

"Can I ask you something?" I blurted randomly. As soon as he looked up at me with his curious gaze I regretted my outburst immediately.

"Sure, ask away."

"At your office, the day we met, you seemed really. . . rude. No offense," I squeaked, realizing I said the wrong thing. "But here, when we're alone, you respect me. You're kind, and sweet."

"And your point is?" he mumbled, locking eyes with me.

Oh god, he was mad.

"I was just wondering why," I whispered as my eyes diverted to my plate, avoiding contact with his.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I just think-"

"-I just think you should stay out of my fucking business! I don't even know you, why are you so worried about how I act?" he raised his voice towards me.

I didn't want to do it. God, I really didn't. My lip quivered and my throat burned as I tried to hold back tears. Why was I so sensitive? Letting out a sob as my tears finally fell down my cheeks, I stood from my seat and ran to my room.

"Shit, Eden, wait!"

But I ignored him.

My mother made me this way, a sensitive, naive girl who couldn't stand being yelled at without crying my eyes out. I didn't want him to see me; my mother told me no one would take me seriously if they saw me cry.

So before he could follow me into my room, I shut and locked the door, leaving me to wallow in self pity all by myself.

a/n - sorry i suck at updating.