4

Eden.

It was just a kiss. One simple kiss. One simple, short, but powerful kiss.

It was my first kiss, and he didn't even know.

I should say it didn't mean anything to me, that it was just one of many to come, but I couldn't. I knew I could never admit that. Although just a kiss, I'd remember it forever. I'd remember how his lips tasted on my tongue; sweet like sugar. I'd remember how his hand found the back of my head and held me tight while the other traveled to the small of my back. Lastly, I'd remember the way he looked at me as he pulled away.

Those eyes. Emerald green and flaked with gold, gleaming with light. Slightly hooded and staring into mine, thinking of the endless possibilities to come.

I'm over thinking this.

After leaving a quick, final peck on the corner of my mouth, he excused himself to his office. I was a bit taken back since it was my first night here, but he is the owner of a multi-million dollar company, after all. He must be busy most of the time.

In a way I was relieved that he didn't want to do anything more with me tonight. We hardly knew each other, I'd say even the kiss we shared was pushing it. I wasn't exactly ready to jump into anything, despite our deal.

After cleaning up the kitchen, I found myself in the living room, finishing off the night watching a cheesy romance comedy with butterflies still fluttering in my stomach.

▲▲▲

I couldn't remember how I got in my bed after falling asleep on the couch last night, but I assumed it had something to do with Mr. Styles.

I checked the clock on the wall adjacent from the bed. 9:30.

It was Thursday, so Mr. Styles was most likely at work already. I walked to the kitchen and pulled out the milk from the fridge and some cereal from the cabinet. I sat at the islands as I ate complete silence, that is, until I heard the front door fly open and then slam back closed.

"Emily!" the high-pitched, whiny voice called. I rolled my eyes to myself.

"In the kitchen, Mackenzie!" I called back, giggling as I heard her huff at the misuse of her name. I knew she was close by the clack of her heels against the hardwood floor.

"Nice to see you again," I nodded at her as she quite literally threw her handbag on to the counter.

"Likewise," she snorted. "How's the sex so far?"

"I wouldn't know," I shrugged, placing my bowl into the sink. "Why are you here?"

"Harry sent me here, wants me to take you shopping or something," she groaned as she rubbed her forehead in frustration.

"No thanks."

"Unfortunately, he insisted," she spoke in an uninterested manner as she tapped her nails on the counter. "So get dressed and let's get this over with."

An hour later we were at the mall, walking together in silence as we passed shop after shop.

"Are you even going to stop anywhere?" she sighed in frustration. I shook my head. It's not that I didn't see anything I liked, I just felt guilty that Mr. Styles was offering to pay for everything. "Fine, then I'm going to pick things out for you."

I watched as she shopped. We definitely had completely different taste. She picked out trampy, revealing, and tight clothing. I probably would've just chosen a bunch of baggy sweaters. I stayed silent, I didn't want to hear her nagging again.

After hours of going into multiple stores and probably spending over at least a thousand dollars of Mr. Styles money, we were done. My feet were sore and my head hurt. All I wanted right now was a nap.

She dropped me off at Mr. Styles house and left me to take in all of my bags by myself. I thought my arms were going to break as I carried them up the stairs and into my room. I kicked off my shoes and collapsed on to the bed, letting my eyes close and sleep take over.

lol boring chapter but idc this is all intro stuff, im not just gonna be like 'bam, they meet and they have sex, the end' so yeah

i promise the next chapter will be a lot more interesting 😂🙏