8

a/n - daddy omg ^

"Would you like to go to dinner with me tonight?" Harry asked when he got home from work.

I was appalled, to say the least. Harry's mood changed so often that I couldn't keep track. He was impolite when we met, sweet during our first few encounters, rude when I asked him a simple question, and then back to sweet again. My head was spinning.

"That sounds nice," I smiled softly.

I had done nothing all day. I had no friends around here, which meant I no business leaving the house. It wasn't like I was forced to stay, but rather didn't know where to go. Not that Harry's house wasn't rather luxurious, but I was bored beyond belief. It would be a treat to leave the house at this point.

"Great. Can you be ready in an hour? I have work to do in the meantime."

"Sure thing," I nodded. He sent me an appreciative smile before heading up the stairs and into his office. That man never stopped working.

I reluctantly left my warm, comfortable seat on his white leather sofa. I was curled up into at least three blankets while I watched old movies all day. He had interrupted me during Sixteen Candles, right before Jake Ryan shows up waiting outside the church for Samantha. Cute.

I could already tell Harry wasn't a romantic. Judging by the way he explained our 'agreement' to me, he didn't want an emotional relationship of any sort. Strictly physical.

The one thing that was really on my mind though - why was he all alone? Why didn't he have a girl to call his? He's certainly attractive and sweet (when he wants to be). Women must throw themselves at him.

I put on a simple black dress that clung to my body, stopping a few inches above the knee. I left my face bare. I didn't know how to use makeup; I had never been allowed to use it.

"Hey, are you ready?" Harry asked through the door. I pulled it open slowly, scared of his reaction to how I was dressed. I felt ridiculous, honestly. My mother would've never let me wear anything like this.

"You're look hot," he commented, looking my body up and down. I could feel the heat flood to my cheeks.

"Thanks. . . um, you too?" I replied. I had no idea what to say back, and of course I ended up sounding dumb as ever.

"You think I'm hot?" he smirked.

Oh, of course I think you're hot.

"No, I mean -- I don't know!" I exclaimed breathlessly. He playfully rolled his eyes at my awkwardness, which I guess I deserved. I never knew what to say in these situations.

He drove us to the restaurant in one of his many cars, which I had discovered when he took me into the garage. I was clueless when it came to cars, but by the sleek black exterior and red leather interior, I knew it was the nicest car I had ever been in, or ever will be in.

Like a gentleman, he opened the car door for me when we arrived and tossed the valet his keys before mumbling 'don't fuck it up.' He greeted the young hostess with a polite smile and she nodded knowingly. He must be a regular. Without saying a word, she led us to our table which held four seats instead of two.

"My mates are joining us, is that okay with you?" he whispered in my ear as he pulled my chair out for me. I visibly shuddered as goose bumps rose on my skin.

"Oh, sure," I said casually, trying to play off the disappointment in my voice. A part of me had maybe hoped that this was sort of a date, but I should've known he just took me along to be polite.

"Ah, there they are," he nodded towards the two men approaching the table. "Eden, this is Niall and Zayn."

"Nice to meet you," they both said. Niall shook my hand with a firm grip, while Zayn placed a delicate kiss on the top of my hand and ended the interaction with a wink. Harry only rolled his eyes and chuckled.

The waitress came around and took our drink orders. Harry and his friends each ordered a pint, while I stuck with water. As they chattered on together, I soon realized that I would be alone with my thoughts for the rest of dinner.

Awhile later we had our food sat in front of us. I twirled my fork through my salad while Harry and his drunk friends talked about something they had done with a girl the previous night. I was bored, to say the least, and I'm sure my face showed it perfectly. Although it didn't matter, because they weren't paying attention to me anyways. I would've much rather stayed home than this.

"I'm heading to the bar, want anything?" Niall asked the boys. Harry shook his head, but Zayn got up and went with him.

"You've been really quiet," Harry observed. I rolled my eyes. I wonder why.

"Sorry."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm fine."

"I've been with enough women to know that 'I'm fine' doesn't really mean you're fine."

"I don't know why you brought me if you were just going to ignore me the entire time."

"Oh, is that how you feel?" he asked, shifting in his seat to face me.

"Yeah," I shrugged, crossing my arms.

"Yeah?" he placed one hand on my hip and the other on my upper thigh. His lips touched the part of my neck just under my ear, causing me inhale sharply. "Am I ignoring you now?"

"N-no," I gasped as the hand on my thigh moved higher, touching the panties I had on under my dress. His index finger gently traced the silky fabric, causing a loud gasp to erupt from my mouth.

"Do you want me to pay attention to you, baby?"

"I-I, uh," I stuttered incoherently as my brain struggled to form a single string of words.

"We should finish this at home, yeah?" he asked, then pressed a kiss to the corner of my mouth. As soon as I nodded, he pulled out a few bills from his wallet and threw them on the table. We walked out with Harry's arm wrapped tightly around my waist, his way of showing everyone I was his.

a/n

smut in the next chapter? perhaps ;-)