Jax.

"We can help you kid." The man in front of him offered, how they had gotten into the school astounded him, and their offer even more so, but he knew not to trust anyone who wasn't his family, and that included Adrian and his brothers. "I don't need your help." He replied moving away from his gym locker, another two men who were slightly shorter than him growled and stood at the door.

"I don't need your help, I don't need to be in a pack or whatever you call it, I have everything I want." He firmly rejected their proposal, Jax knew someone had told these men about him, they had come with an offer to bring him into their pack, to help him, but Jax didn't trust them, he knew better than to trust people in Greeneway Bay after what he and Adrian had discovered in the library.

"Kid we didn't make it clear enough, we're taking you with us, whether you like it or not." The man who had first offered him help lunged for him, Jax stood to defend himself but before he got close a     black shield appeared around Jax and flung the man away to the wall, the other two growled and lunged for Jax but it didn't matter, they never got close and were thrown away as well, crashing into several lockers. "Jax help!" He knew that voice, it was Johnny calling for help through the link Adrian had put. "Where are you?!" He questioned running out into the halls.

"Football grounds, the trees." Johnny replied and Jax ran as fast as he could, unbeknownst to Jax he broke a part of the seal as he ran, when he got there he tackled the first man he saw and knocked him unconscious, the others immediately scrambled away from Johnny as they took in the sight infront of them, a black aura had covered Jax, a tail had sprouted as well behind him, he lunged for the men in a blur of speed, each fell to the ground unconscious and Jax roared. "Jax, what's going on?" Johnny questioned as he came closer to the other man.

He didn't fear Jax, he was the guy who had made his brother smile, the guy who came to help him. "I don't know." Jax replied as his aura rolled back in, he stood up straight and walked to Johnny, and hugged him. "Thank God you're okay, Adrian would have a fit if you were hurt." He mumbled as he drew back from his mate's brother, that was a secret he wouldn't tell Adrian just yet, he didn't want him running for the hills when he revealed the truth that they were bound together in this life and the next, he himself hadn't  grasped the concept when he felt attracted to Adrian, and read on it, the more he became connected to what was inside him the more it became apparent.

"What did they say they wanted?" He asked Johnny as they walked back to the school. "The one leading said their alpha, I think, wanted to recruit me or make me part of their pack because I was strong, and that I couldn't control my beast, so they weren't giving me a choice, and just taking me." Johnny replied honestly and all through the link, Jax sighed as this was what he had been told as well. "I'm glad Adrian cast that spell now." Johnny mumbled as they got to school. "What spell?" He questioned. "A protection spell Adrian cast that hurt like hell, when I got jumped it protected me, that's why those goons couldn't touch me." Johnny replied with a smug grin and a thankfulness for Ari who always had precautions in place in case things like today had happened.

Jax knew he needed to get down to research and break the chains holding down his own beast, though he didn't understand any of what was going on he knew the best bet he had to keeping himself safe and the rest of the people he called family safe, was going forward with breaking his binds. "Let's get to school and the remaining classes, we can tell Adrian what happened later, he has work today right, so we'll pick up the kids and go meet him there." Jax instructed and Johnny nodded after he had been told, even though he was tall with muscle Johhny still knew to listen to those older than him, to be useful, and always be there when needed.

"Okay great then, meet me by my car after school." Jax finally added as they parted ways. He wasn't going to be the type of man who kept things from his beloved, he wasn't going to keep secrets those led to disasters more often than not, that's why he planned on telling Adrian everything. After jogging to the hall near the gym locker room he found his bag with everything inside but the men who had attacked him, gone. He swung the bag over his shoulder and made his way to class. "Jax wait up!" Conrad yelled, he was one of three people Jax considered friends, and they had proven that by being there for him when his papa died.

It was still a sore subject but with Adrian and his family, it was getting better everyday, the cracks of pain that had been left were being filled slowly. "Here, I got you an invite to my uncle's wedding, he would like it if you came, and I thought a social outing would help with I don't know—." He knew where this was going, he was trying to set him up with someone just because he came out and has a boyfriend, the rest of his friends have their own but he was the only one without one even when he came out as pansexual.

"I already have a date Conrad,  well once I ask him, he will be my date." Jax asserted and Conrad seemed to light up. "Who is this lucky guy, why didn't you tell us you're seeing someone you selfish bastard." Conrad accused and Jax burst out laughing. "We aren't official yet, but I'm sure in the future we will, now come on we have to get to class." He urged as Conrad kept ranting about keeping secrets. Jax knew he had a lot to do, but he was hoping the first social outing he'll have with his future boyfriend was one of many.

****
Leyton Carval Mansion.

"Did you give him the invitation Conrad?" The vampire asked as his aura suffocated the two other vampires in the room. "Yes uncle Leyton I gave Jax the invitation, you won't believe who he is coming with." He replied with a smile that pleased the ruling head of the vampires. "Five foot seven, beautiful golden locks and the most exquisite violet eyes you'll ever see." Leyton replied with a grin. "Adrian." Conrad grinned with his response.

"The wolves made a move on them today, but you should've seen the kind of power Jax showed and it was only a flicker, Adrian put some kind of protective spell on them, they couldn't even get close to him." Cooper finally spoke no longer being suffocated by his dad. "Interesting, the wolves can sense power as well so they tried to take Jax and Johnny, they know not to mess with kids though, what has them making a move already." Leyton mumbled to himself as he looked out the window of his mansion.

"I don't know father, but if they are shouldn't we be making our own, a witch as powerful as Adrian, a firstborn kitsune, and an alpha wolf, if they are under our protection they will be powerful assets." Cooper asserted looking at his father with a smirk. "Don't worry my child, we've already made our move by inviting them to the wedding, with the other mystics coming to the wedding it will be a public show of who they belong to." He replied turning to face the two boys who had glee etched on their faces.

"Conrad, Cooper find the mutts who tried to take what's ours and kill them, make sure to eradicate them permanently." He ordered and the two boys vanished leaving only words floating in the air. "With pleasure."

+++

LMJ