23.

MEDIUM

Jonathan Brooke.

Johnny wasn't exactly in zen, having found out from Adrian and Enzo that someone was trying to get into their house, it didn't bode well for him or with him, he thought after the whole demon and partly family fiasco was done, things would be normal and honestly they were for what was now close to a year, it felt like more though. He was finishing senior year soon, Adrian and Jax were going to be sophomores next year, Enzo was hopefully going to school aswell, and their parents, oh Nik and Renee were the best parents ever, sure they were strict but not having grown up with that kind of stability only Adrian's overprotective tendencies, it gave a new dimension to parenting.

Renee was the loving, stern, fun dad, who you really didnt want to be mischievous around. Nik was the always overprotective, hammer arm stern and dominant father, whatever he said goes, it was bliss, he liked his life no —he loved it and now it seemed yet again someone wanted something from them, the question on repeat in his mind was why them anyway, there were a lot more mystics in Greenway that were just like them, maybe even more powerful, Johnny didn't mean to be negative but at times, he just wished he wasn't born a Sovietro, it would've been such a blessing for him and his siblings.

"Table five needs this." Johnny nodded toward Renee as he accepted the tray and went over to table five, the bakery was slowly being turned into an extended cafe. Nik and Renee had put some of their retirement funds into buying the space next door, but Johnny had also offered a part of his trust fund and so his siblings had all offered a piece of their trustsfunds just to help them, it was a gesture Renee first disagreed to until Johnny forced him to accept if he truly saw them as his children, family helped each other, he learned that from Adrian who did everything he could to help them when they were growing up. "Hey babe, you're early." Kyle called out as he walked into the cafe and kissed Johnny as he left table five. "I didn't have classes later in the day today so I decided to come help out early and just join it with my shift, plus no one is home until later." Johnny explained as Kyle nodded and kissed him again.

Lately after what happened with Adrian, Kyle was like a fire which had water poured on, he was still burning, but not as bright, fluttering in the wind at times, Johnny was sure it was the invitation he had accepted without thinking about how everyone else felt about it, and though Johnny had reassured him that the family was okay and he was forgiven, it seems he hadn't forgiven himself. Johnny hadn't had another talk with Kyle, being an empath meant he could feel what Kyle felt on a whole different level despite being mates, and he knew Kyle missed his home, at some point he felt Kyle missed the prestige and comforts of his old life, of course he was angry, furious even but couldn't vent, but their third mate seemed to have pretty much figured it out and Enzo definitely drained the anger out of him with a lot of carnal interludes and by that, he meant a lot of sex.

In as much as Kyle was happy with them, being kept away from his family, the people he grew up with, the things he was familiar with, it was taking a toll and becoming noticeable. "Alright babe, let me get clocked in." Kyle replied as he opened the door that led to the far back of the building, not the kitchen, there were other rooms in the back and the office they used was upstairs. Before Kyle was through Johnny held his arm. "No, you seem tired, why don't you take the day off I'll cover for you." He offered having noticed that Kyle wasn't in his element, he felt it, this was all a tiresome routine that he didn't want anymore, at least that's what was on the surface of his feelings, so rather than having Kyle ruin his mood with his sour feelings and emotional strength it would take just to keep himself from feeling it, he'd rather he just go home.