Home

Kenma finally made it down the familiar path to his house, and enters the front door, it's around the middle of the day so they're at work, he's thankful for that because he doesn't feel like talking to anyone. He grabs a tissue box from the side table by the couch and quickly walks to his room, he hadn't stopped crying yet. Kenma lets himself fall onto his bed and he buries his head in his pillow. "Kuroo you're such an idiot.." he goes silent for a moment, thinking. "Or.. am I the idiot? You were only eight.. I shouldn't have taken you seriously." He lets out a weird jumbled noise. "How can you remember all the elements on the periodic table and their functions, but you can't remember a promise you made? That's bullshit."

He feels his phone buzz in his pocket and he takes it out, it's a text message from Hinata.

Hinata> Kenma!!! How did it go with Kuroo?! Did you tell him?! How did he react? You both looked pretty angry.
Hinata> BTW Yachi says she isn't mad at you! She understands!!

Kenma clicks his tongue when he sends the next message about Yachi, he knows that he shouldn't hate her, she seems nice, Hinata says good things about her. But his jealously and envy makes him.

Kenma> I don't think it worked out.. he told me I shouldn't have believed him when he made the promise.. because we were young..

Hinata> What?!?!!! That dummy! Now I'll make sure to give him a good punch for hurting Kenma like that!!!

Kenma> it's fine Shoyo. I don't want to involve him anymore..

Hinata> okay, I understand. If you ever wanna talk about it just give me a call!!

Kenma> okay

Kenma sighs, "So many exclamation points... Kuroo was right when he said you were a living exclamation point..." he lets out a small chuckle, followed by another sob. He sits up and tries to keep up with his tears by wiping them off his cheeks, which were now red and damp. He looks across the room and sees his reflection in his floor length mirror which is hung on the back of his door. He feels like throwing his shoe at it, but knows it's make a huge mess he wouldn't feel like cleaning up. Instead he throws his shoe at the wall beside it. He stands up and walks to the mirror, he examines himself. He was pretty average looking, Kuroo always told him he looked good, so why didn't he actually like him?

"Hmm.." he takes a strand of his hair and looks at his roots, "He told me I looked great when I dyed blonde hair..." he thinks of Yachi, she's blonde. "Does he have a thing for blondes..?" She furrows his brow as he looks at himself, tearing up again. "I'm a blonde, I like volleyball, I'm pretty smart too." He clenched his fists, "I'm not a girl though.. this is all useless!" He screams the last part.

"I noticed you took a liking to people with longer hair, I grew mine out! You looked at blondes, I dyed my hair blonde! You liked volleyball, I played volleyball! You hung out with those people from chemistry, so I tried getting good scores on my chemistry assignments so you would be happy with me! Just trying to be the best damn fiancé! But oh what do I miss?!" "All of those people were girls!" He ends up saying that last part out loud. Kenma turns around and glares at a picture of Kuroo he has on his desk, it's a picture from when they had their first official volleyball game in highschool.

He picks up his shoe off the floor and throws it at the picture, "Dammit! I don't need you!" More tears fall down his cheek and dampen his shirt. "Fuck you!" He falls to the floor and searches through his bag. "I don't need this! I don't need a liar as my best friend! One who forgets promises!" He grabs his wallet and changes out of his practice clothes and into a red worn out hoodie and black sweatpants. Kenma goes to the door and slips on some slides and walks out, with his hoodie masking his face.