Grave Mistakes

Later that night Dimentio was walking down the hallway back to his room. He decided that the next day he would come clean and tell them everything. After all, they seemed to really believe in second chances. As he rounded a corner he heard some talking. Light was streaming out of a room Dimentio remembered to be the count's. He stopped and peered into the room through the keyhole like he had done many times when he still lived there.

"Do you at least know what he might be after?" Mario asked someone.

They must be talking about me. Dimentio thought.

"Well, there was only a few things he was ever after when he was here. That would be the Dark Prognosticus and the Chaos Heart." Blumiere responded.

Dimentio realized that he should probably leave so that he wouldn't get any ideas. He tried to walk away, but something seemed to be gluing him to the spot.

"But the Dark Prognosticus went up in flames, so that can't be it." Mario reasoned.

"But who's to say that he's after anything?" Timpani exclaimed, probably trying to vouch for his innocence against all odds.

They all seemed to ignore her comment.

"So that would leave us with, the Chaos Heart." Mario inferred.

Dimentio tried to leave but it was as if shackles were binding him to the floor.

"Which if my research is correct, has been left in the heart of our very own 'man in green'," Blumiere concluded.

Dimentio was finally able to pull himself away from the door. He hurried down the hall and into his room so they wouldn't hear his heavy breathing. At long last I found it! Dimentio began to panic hearing the voice once again. The green one has had it this whole time! Haha! Dimentio collapsed to the floor from dizziness. And YOU led me straight to him! Dimentio tried to perform a spell, any spell, that could get him as far away from Luigi as possible. The moment to strike is nearing! Dimentio snapped his fingers and he was wearing his jester costume once again. He fought as hard as he could for control.

"You have no power here! I got rid of your only weapon!" Dimentio shouted.

Oh ho ho. Now THAT'S where you're wrong. Dimentio's hand seemed to grab hold of something in front of his chest. He pulled and he was now holding a knife as black as night.

"No!-" Dimentio's voice was cut off as if he were being strangled.

The time to attack nears... But for now, we would not want to spoil the element of surprise, would we? Dimentio laid there, helpless, on the ground until the monster inside of him came to call.