What I'm After

Both Luigi and Dimentio were walking through Toad Town to get to the princess's castle. Luigi decided against using the cart to transport them. As they walked through the ransacked town Dimentio felt as if everyone was watching him. Without his mask, he felt exposed. But if he put it on they will surely throw him out of the kingdom, or worse. If I had my magic none of this would be a problem. He thought to himself. He looked over and saw that Luigi was still deathly pale. 

"You look as white as a ghost. Are you okay?" Dimentio asked Luigi.

"It's just... The last time I saw that person we saw on the news it was literally at the end of the world. He supposedly died. You probably don't know who he is." Luigi took a deep breath. "His name is Dimentio. I had a really bad experience..." Luigi rubbed the top of his hat, remembering the sprout that dug into his skull.

"Heh, he was that bad huh..." Dimentio said feeling guilty. "Not even good enough for redemption?"

Luigi's eyes filled with anger. Dimentio knew he asked the wrong question at the wrong time.

"No," Luigi said flatly.

A silence passed between them. They arrived at the drawbridge to the castle.

"Alright, we're here," Luigi exclaimed.

Dimentio stopped short, he felt light-headed again. Luigi noticed him falter.

"Hey, are you alright?" Luigi asked while the bridge was lowered.

Dimentio's hair was fading back to white. His control over his body was fading. He quickly covered it up.

"Yeah, I just need to do something... I'll meet you back at your house." Dimentio ran off.

Luigi watched as he ran, it was getting dark out. He turned away and entered the castle. Dimentio was running down the streets of Toad Town, all of the stores were closing, all of the lights were turning off. You can't run away from yourself. He darted down an alleyway, clutching his forehead.

"Urk! What... Do... You... Want... From... ME?!" Dimentio yelled as he could feel himself slipping from reality.

He involuntarily lifted his hand and snapped his fingers. His outfit transformed once again into his jester attire. He went limp and fell onto the hard pavement.

"Heh heh heh heh..." The chaos was now in control.

The smile on his mask crept into an even more creepy grin. It pulled the knife from before out of his pocket. His left eye glowing brightly. No, not again. Dimentio struggled for control. He stumbled around.

"You can't stop me." Dimentio lost control of his body.

He got up and started to walk out of the alley. Argh!!! Just tell me what you want! He stopped moving.

"I want my Heart back." Dimentio blacked out.