Slow pining

I slowly walked to Cameron's car. It felt like I was walking on air. Did I even have to ride home with him? I could always walk... but my legs were very shaky. I could see his car now. He was leaning against the passenger side talking to Ferris. I stopped in my tracks and just stared at them. I can't do this.. I CANNOT do this! Not like I really had a choice though, Ferris noticed me.
      "Hey ____!" He shouted and waved at me. I slowly waved back and avoided Cameron's gaze.
      I walked up to him, "Crazy day in Econ huh?"
      "Oh yeah, totally crazy. Hey look there's Sloane! I'll be back!" He nudged Cameron closer to me then walked off. We looked at each other awkwardly, neither of us daring to speak.
      "So... About what you said this morning." He started.
      "Yeah... I really like you Cameron.. you're just so... fun to be around! I'm glad I'm you're friend, but I really wish we were a lot more." I managed to push out in one long breath.
     He was staring at me, stunned, and blushing like crazy.
     "Sorry..." I mumbled before turning and taking a few steps forward.
      He grabbed my arm, "W-Wait!" He commanded. I turned and looked up at him.
      "I like you too..." He squeaked. Now I was blushing like crazy. We stared into each other eyes for what seemed like forever, neither of us daring to look away. Until Ferris walked over...
"You guys in love? Great! Let's go home!!" He said and got in the car. Cameron nodded and slowly forced his legs to the drivers seat. I got in the passengers seat and stared at my book bag, avoiding his gaze. It was insanely silent on our way home, even Ferris didn't talk. I looked at the radio and considered turning it on. No, that would be too awkward. I decided not to focus on the fact Cameron said he liked me back and more on my homework. I had math, lit/comp, histo-
"So..." Ferris spoke up. "Crazy day in Econ huh?"
"That's what I said!" I excitedly returned, happy we weren't sitting in silence anymore. Ferris and I excitedly talked about our classes and homework. I glanced at Cameron a few times, and it seemed like he had a genuine smile on his face. I smiled, knowing he was happy. We dropped Sloane off then Ferris leaned forward.
        "So are you two dating? What's up with that? Like did you both admit you like each other?" He prodded.
       Cameron's grip tightened on the wheel, "Ferris." He growled. Ferris frowned and leaned back.
       "You're no fun. I've been about this slow pining for 7 chapters now." He complained.
I glanced at Cameron, he wasn't smiling anymore. I sighed and leaned back.
         "I mean if he doesn't want-" I started and was immediately cut off.
           "I didn't want to talk about it with Ferris until we talked first." He explained. I nodded, yeah that made sense. We pulled up to Ferris's house.
         "I'll call you later Cam." He said and got out. Cameron started driving again, just us. He always drops Ferris off last. I looked at him, his face was bright red again. I tried to speak but nothing would come out. I forced my gaze back out the windshield and picked at my fingers.
       "So are we dating..?" He asked quietly.
        "I hope so. I really like you." I whispered. I saw him smile and reach his hand over. I watched as he grabbed one of my hands and held it in his. I felt... happy. I always felt happy around Cameron. Hopefully... hopefully this would last forever. And if not forever... a really really long time.