New Girl

____ was new to Glenbrook North High, she had no friends yet, sat alone at lunch, did her work quietly, until two boys in her math spotted her. 

"Hey Ferris" Cameron Frye whispered to a brown haired boy "is that girl new?" 

Ferris looked up "I haven't seen her around" He shrugs. 

"Huh, Yeah that's what I thought." Cameron mumbles then continues with his work. Ferris agrees and goofs off the rest of class. 

At lunch the two boys approached ____.

 "Hey I'm Ferris, Ferris Bueller, and this is my good friend Cameron Frye" Cameron gave a half hearted wave. 

I smiled a bit "I'm ___, Nice to meet you guys." I squeak out. 

"Mind if we join you?" Ferris asks nudging your arm. "well.. Sure" I say, somewhat excited for my new acquaintances.

At lunch I sat with the two boys and ate slowly, Ferris was in front of you next to a girl, Sloane, His girlfriend I think. And Cameron sat beside me, he was really quiet and looked really uptight. 

"Hey, Cameron, lighten up buddy" Ferris says biting into his lunch. He just shrugs and forces a smile.

 I get a bit uncomfortable and try to lighten the mood "So, how long have you two known each other" I say motioning to Cameron and Ferris.

 Cameron swallows what he has in his mouth "Years, Kindergarten I think"

 Ferris nods "sounds about right." He says, sure of himself.  I nod and mumble something unaware of doing so. 

Cameron found me after school, "Hey ___" He called out and caught up to me. "You have any plans?" he asks, his voice sounded sick and groggy. "oh, Hey Cameron, no, not at the moment." I smiled slightly at him.

"Ferris wanted to ask you a question."

"oh? what is it?"

"He wants us all to hang out at his house"

I think for a minute then shrug "sure"

"Alright, they're waiting at my car, let's go" He says turning to the parking lot. I follow him and get in the back seat, next to Sloane. Cameron starts up the car and starts driving, "I have to leave at 6, so whoever needs a ride home I'll have to take ya before 6." He says focusing very intently on the road. I nodded, I would need a ride.

We get to Ferris's house, it was.... a lot nicer than mine. All four of us walk in and a Rottweiler was waiting there growling. 

"Hey boy, this new girl is safe" Ferris says patting his head and sitting. I slowly move and end up sitting next to Cameron. 

He nudges my arm "We don't bite, you don't have to be so shy" He says smiling a  bit. I offer a smile back and chuckle. I mumble and look around the house. They were talking and I eventually joined in and we were all laughing and joking within no time. We all started describing our crazy families, Well, all as in Ferris and Sloane, Cameron and I stayed quiet. Once the two were done they looked over at us , 

"so what about you ___? We already know Cameron's" Ferris asked. 

"I don't wanna-" I was interrupted,

 "yeah ____ Tell us about your family, I bet it's perfect" Cameron said sarcastically with a smirk on his face. 

I look at him and smile, "My family huh?" I look down and stick my tongue in my cheek then stare at him, "My mother died when I was 9, I have an asshole for a stepmom, Dad's always away on Business and a sister who's intent on ruining my life" I say never dropping your smile. "How's that for a family?" Cameron's smile faded, "oh" He said, then mumbles "Well guess it's my turn." Cameron looks at his watch, "Oh THANK god, It's 5:50, who needs a ride?" He asked getting up. I sigh and stand up, and mumble "I do.." and walk outside not wanting to face him.

On the car ride home Cameron and I remained quiet. After getting halfway to your house Cameron sighs, "Sorry, For how I acted, it was uncalled for." He half whispers. I look at him surprised. He continues "It's just that I don't have a good home life and most of my friends do. My parents hate each other, My dad pushes me around, hell he loves a car more than his own wife" He says. 

I look sympathetically at him, "Oh, Cam.. I'm sorry" I say as we pull up to my house. He just shrugs and looks at his watch. I hug him "well now you have someone to talk to that knows what you're going through" I speak quickly then jump out of the car and wave at him while I'm running up to your house. He waves back smiling and drives off.