Apology accepted?

I answer my phone, Ferris, not surprising. "Hey ___"

"Hey Ferris"

"You sound sick"

I was crying, "a small cold"

"Yeah, you're crazy for walking home"

I sighed, "The price I pay, what did you want?"

"Do I have to ask?" He looks at the Reader and mouths 'I mean really' he returns his attention back to the phone.

"True. I tried apologizing and he got defensive"

"Hm. Have you tried calling him?"

"HA! No."

"Right, maybe apologizing again isn't the best route"
I nod, not responding.

"Well I just wanted to make sure you're ok, see you tomorrow" and he hangs up. I put your phone back. Jess wandered in, wearing my new jacket. "Hey sis! Was that the cute brunette?"

I laugh, "Technically"

She smiled, "Is he taken?"

I roll your eyes "yes, by Sloane."

She seemed surprised then realized, "NOT FERRIS YOU IDIOT!"

"He's brunette and to some people he's cute."

She growled and punched my arm. You rub it, wincing a bit at the pain. "Well anyways," she said fixing her hair, "I'm going to the dance on Thursday, and Cameron agreed to take me"

"Likely story."

"Well... he was going to ask you, but he said you didn't like him"

I realized she might be telling the truth. "You know, usually princes don't ask out trolls, you're very lucky." she gasped and stormed out of the room. I chuckled and reached into my book bag. As I pulled out my textbook, a note slipped out. I looked at it, curiously, and picked it up. It read: Meet me after school tomorrow by the big tree - Sloane. You thought it over and eventually convinced myself to go.

       After walking to school in the freezing cold, I avoided Cameron all day. With my mind on the note, I couldn't help but wonder, Why did Sloane want to meet me by the tree? What was so important she couldn't call me? Advice on Ferris? Tutoring? No.. she could've called me for all of that. My mind was still racing as I was walking towards the tree. I looked up a few feet from it and saw none other then Cameron standing there.. I stopped dead in your tracks, then turned around and walked back. Sloane, who was waiting close by grabbed my arm and turned me back, "You're not getting away that easily."

"please Sloane-"

"We're not negotiating"

"Sloane I can't"

      Cameron looked over and saw the transaction and sighed as he started to realize what was going on. He walked over and grabbed my upper arm, "Thanks, Sloane, but I can take it from here" Sloane smiled, and walked over to Ferris, as he climbed out of a bush near the tree. I turn to him and open my mouth. "Not here, they'll probably watch us from behind a tree.." he said, watching Ferris clumsily exit from the bush. "Just, come over." he said and sighed, "they won't leave us be until we resolve this." I furrowed your brow, remaining silent, and nodded. We walked off to his car and got in.

       At his house we both awkwardly sat down, both trying to start the conversation.

"so about-"

"um yeah"

"how about-"

"why don't we-"

  He shushed me, "I'm sorry, I don't care if you hate me, but I'm sorry. I should've accepted your apology, so.. can you accept mine?" he blurted out.

I thought, and thought... and thought.. and finally I looked at him and nodded, " I don't hate you. And I accept your apology" I say standing up. I was heading for the door, when he stopped me, "You don't want to hang out for a bit?" he laughed nervously.

 I sigh and chuckle, " You know what, that sounds great." and turn back to his living room.