9.

'You're a cage

Won't you let me in?'

*

Harry is smiling, probably the widest I've seen since I've known him, which hasn't been very long at all. I've just agreed to not only be complicit in a crime but in active involvement with it. I'm helping a group of criminals steal from the royal family. Does this make me one too?

Without any warning, he grabs my cheeks and plants a kiss on my forehead. 'Fantastic news!' he exclaims, still holding my cheeks. His grip softens slightly, our eyes just staring back at each other. 'You have made me a very happy man, Atlas.' He leans down slightly, his nose brushing against mine. I can smell his scent so strongly. His cologne has vanilla in it but is also slightly smoky. On his breath I can smell cigarettes. This would definitely be a celebration. We were just yelling at each other moments ago about who was flirting with who more, though. I pull away abruptly, clearing my throat. 'I need to know if I can trust you. All of you. I want to know everything about the Municipal.'

He nods, pushing the hair that had fallen over his eyes when he was looking down at me. Taking a few steps forward, he reaches for the door handle, pulling it open to reveal the others all hustled around it. They step back slightly, not expecting him to appear so suddenly. George pops up at the front smiling. 'So, is it all sorted then?' he asks, peeking over Harry's shoulder to look at me in the centre of the room.

Harry stands aside, letting them file back into the office. 'She wants to know about us. Our history, our crimes. Needs to know we're worth trusting.'

Louis laughs lightly, catching everyone's attention. 'Seems a bit odd to put the words crime and trust in a sentence together.' Harry glares at him in response. Louis just removes his glasses, cleaning them anxiously.

It was an odd dynamic in the group. No one really matched. Maybe Babz and Zayn, but even then she seemed too much for him. I don't know if I'll be able to slot into this set up.

Zayn comes to stand next to me, Babz beside him, eyeing me slowly with a scowl. 'How do we know you're worth trusting?' she asks, tilting her chin in question.

I don't know how to respond because I've never been in the position where I've had to convince a bunch of criminals to trust me with their plans. All I know is I won't say a word unless I absolutely feel I must. Keeping secrets is something I've always been good at but finding them out is the best part. Though I don't intend on opening my mouth for now, I want to know everything there is to know.

Before I can respond, Harry steps round to the desk, perching himself on it. 'Because she is. Now answer whatever damn questions she has,' he orders, lowering his gaze back to me as I watch the exchange. For someone that barely knows me, he's putting a lot of blind faith in me. But then, he did say he's been watching me for a while.

I go to sit back down in the chair next to Harry. The thought of standing for this news makes me anxious. I know I'm going to be overwhelmed, that much is certain. I need to make sure I'm stable enough to take it all in. Harry's hand is tapping on the surface near me, his fingers creating a tune. I focus on that for a while until someone speaks up, not knowing how to address the audience before me.

Zayn sighs, grabbing the chair that he threw earlier and placing it back down to sit on towards the other side of the room. 'Where to begin?' he asks with a smile, flexing his fixing in front of him before placing them behind his head and leaning back in the chair. His muscles are on fall display, and I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't captivated by them. Babz notices, clearing her throat as she comes to stand behind him, jolting him forward slightly. George and Louis remain standing.