19. A Very Weird Day

︎🐅𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐︎🐅

🐅𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐︎🐅

🐅𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝🐅

🐅𝙴𝙽𝙹𝙾𝚈🐅

🏹 ✫ 🏹 ✫ 🏹

"As long as you know that you're trapped, there's still a way to escape"

️🏹 ✫ 🏹 ✫ 🏹

[Yoongi's POV]

Prison...

Hell for the body, torture for the mind. Your brain rots slowly, rusting from the dullness of the unchanging environment.

The prison cell is a hollow cube of concrete without windows. One way in, no way out.

In a place like this, no windows, no daylight, there isn't a way to gauge time. Sit in your cell long enough, and you'll forget your own name. The only thing keeping me from going crazy is the reason I ended up here. If my imprisonment is the price for her to run away, then so be it. I'll stay here for the rest of my life if it means that she's far away, safe, alive.

There's no escape. No way out. Guards watch 24/7, armed with lasers, tear gas, and rubber bullets. Decked head to toe with bulletproof vests and helmets. Every guard is trained in multiple forms of hand-to-hand combat. One has to have a lot of courage to attempt a breakout.

I'm may be brave, but I'm not stupid.

My attention shifts from the white chipped off paint covering the walls when a clunking noise comes from the cell door as something slips through the thin opening of the door vent.

I swing my legs off the metal board they call a bed. And as I approach the door I spot a newspaper on the floor.

They don't allow us to read any news. Weird.

I grasp the damp paper, opening it as my eyes land on the headline that covers half of the front page.

MURDER OF THE CRYING MANNEQUIN

My eyes scan the article. With every sentence my hold on the paper tightens, fingers going white from the force.

'The victim was killed by an unknown substance that made him, according to our sources, cry with blood....'

What the hell! I was the one who worked on the formula of that poison for days, an unknown substance my ass!

Disrespectful.

I blow out a sigh of frustration before sitting back on the bed. It doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. There's only one person who has ever had free access to my laboratory, therefore...