Collage

Chapter one.

I wake up from my alarm "It's collage day today, I'm finally going to Brooklyn new York for collage" i say to myself "Hon, are you up? we have a big drive to make" calls my mother nervously passing i can hear her heals clicking across the floor "I'm up mom, and we are just going to the airport to drop me off" I say "I know I know I'm just nervous i won't see you till the weekend" crys Mom as i went down the stairs getting my breakfast "Mom, i will call you when i can" i say reassuring her "Thank's hon" says mom giving me a smile.

My father left us when my mother had my brother... which well he's not with us anymore because a stupid drunk driver killed him right away i was hurt so bad he was my friend when i didn't have any. He was the only person who knew what I've done and sure as heck not proud of. "You still have to change Hope" says my mother "yeah, what should i wear?" I say "I got you a dress, It's wine red pencil dress" she says "thanks mom" i say hugging her "you're welcome, now get dressed we leave in two hours" says mom "I'll hurry" i say running upstairs turning on the shower and returning to my room to find the dress it was wine red pencil dress with matching heals "I love this" i say to myself going to the shower. After i shaved my legs and washed my hair i stept out going to my room "Today's the day" i say into the mirror putting on my dress and heals putting dark red eye shadow, black liquid eyeliner, mascara, deep pink blush and a dash of red lipstick. "Ready?" says mom as i went down the stairs "yeah" I say getting a few other things i would need for Brooklyn "all the boxes will be send to you when you get there" instructed mom "okay, what do i do when i get there, i haven't been to New York" i say "There will be some one to help, he's a good friend of mine" says mom as we got to the car "I have the nervous jitters" i tell her holding my stomach.

The car ride was in silence as we listened to The Pretty Reckless "We are here" says mom "can't you come with me? it's my first day" i whine "you're on your own Hope, you have to be a young adult" says mom getting my ticket for me "I will walk with you to your gate then i have to set you free" says mom "okay" i say as she puts my bags on the scale "perfect number, its right on point" says the lady "that's a good sign" I say with a sign of relief as i get my ID ready "How old are you?" says the officer working the security " 28" i say "is this your mom" he nods at her "yes she is" i say "let me see your ID Mrs." he says she hands him her ID "Okay, go ahead" says the officer i walk over to the security bins. "Please step inside" says the security woman I step forward spreading my arms and legs "Okay step out" says the woman "okay go on ahead" says a man getting my stuff "where are we?" i asked my mom "gate D19" says mom "okay" i say not trying to cry "I know hon" says mom getting her shoes as i get my bag full of books and notebooks "you shouldn't have brought all your books" says mom "I know i just feel lost with out them" i say.

As we reached D 19 mom gave me this small box "Don't open it till you get to your dorm" says mom "I won't" I say as i board I hug her "I love you mom" i say "I love you too, Hope" says mom as she watches me go i wave good bye as she goes away i felt a tear run down my check "thank you" says the woman who beeps my ticket I give her a nod and walk to the plane away from my friends who i have none away from my mother who gave up everything to get me along after my father left and my brother's death she was hollow inside won't talk won't eat won't do anything really. The plane ride took four hours to get there thank god i got an hotel close to campus. "Thank you" i smile "you're welcome! welcome to the city who never sleeps" says the flight attendant

As I walk off the plane it's mighty cold I should have wore something warmer I find someone who's has my last name on a sheet of paper "ah miss.Greene nice to see you, I'm Nick I'll be taking you to your hotel" he says "thank you, your my moms friend then?" I ask "oh sorry yes I am, we know each other from work" says Nick "yeah, she told me" I say "of course she did and she told me the hotel already" he says "thank you for driving me" I say "you are more than welcome if you need anything, give me a ring" says Nick giving me his card "I will" I say getting in the car. After a long drive to my hotel Nick helped me with my bags "thank you, you don't have to do that" I smile politely. "It's my honor to help you" says Nick "well thank you though" I say getting the door for him.