1.8

Jieun-

Walking down the school hallway, she made her way towards her locker. Opening the metal door, Jieun took out her bag. She closed and locked the small compartment before turning on her heel. As she looked up, she spotted Minji and her soulmate at Minji's locker. 

Seeing the demon girl reminded her of the time she spent on the weekend having lunch with Mark and Donghyuck. She smiled slightly. Mark was always so sweet that it was hard to believe he was really a demon. Sure, Donghyuck could be a little mean but he didn't seem to be a bad person.

Most demons were intimidating, even dangerous. But Mark and Haechan seemed to be the opposite. I guess demons aren't as bad as I thought.. Jieun thought to herself. A sudden loud bang sounded out beside the small human girl, startling her. "What the fuck are you staring at?" Maybe she thought too quickly..

Jieun looked up, surprised to see Minji glaring down at her, her leg kicked up on the locker behind Jieun. "Well? You got a problem?" Jieun hurriedly shook her head. "Then why the fuck were you staring at us?" Minji growled, nodding her head to her boyfriend behind her.

"I-I didn't mean t-to-" Jieun stepped back, her back hitting the cold metal behind her. "I get it.." Minji smirked. "You probably have a crush on Donghyuck or some shit, you jealous about him being in love with me instead?" Jieun's eyes widened at Minji's accusation towards her. "I don't like him like that.."

Donghyuck-

He adjusted the bag on his shoulder, striding down the halls on his way to meet Mark at his locker. Looking up from the floor, he saw something he wouldn't have expected. Minji, she had Jieun pinned against the lockers. The demon was leaning in close, clearly scaring the smaller girl.

Donghyuck stopped, watching as Minji's glare shifted into a smirk. He strained his hearing, trying to listen to what the taller girl was saying. "You probably have a crush on Donghyuck or some shit, you jealous about him being in love with me instead?"

The boy frowned, his breath hitching as his chest clenched painfully. He hadn't seen this side to Minji. He didn't want to believe that she could be so careless towards his feelings, so heartless. But his ears couldn't have deceived him. "I don't like him like that.."

Donghyuck sighed, regaining his posture before walking over to the scene before him. He wordlessly pushed Minji's leg off of the lockers and grabbed Jieun's arm, pulling her away as he walked. "Really Donghyuck? A human rebound? Thats so petty" Minji giggled. 

Donghyuck scoffed under his breath, continuing to walk. "Pathetic" He heard her say in the distance. The word sending another pang of hurt through his heart. Shaking his head gently, he tried to pushed it out of his mind, but couldn't get rid of the angry feeling. 

Still dragging Jieun, Donghyuck walked them out of the school entrance, his hand gripping her arm tighter as his anger grew more. Blocking out everything else, he failed to hear her small voice calling out to him. It was only when she whimpered out in pain as his grip got even tighter that he even realised he was still holding onto her.

He stopped, letting go, suddenly feeling the same pain she must have been feeling on his own arm. Was it the bond? He looked frantically at the girl then down at his feet, feeling somewhat guilty for accidentally hurting her. "sorry.." He muttered out quietly, embarrassment taking over.

"Th-Thank you for helping me before.." Jieun spoke, her voice matching his in volume. Donghyuck looked down at the small girl as she rubbed her arm. Another wave of guilt washed over him as he noticed the red mark his hand had left on her skin. "I didn't do it for you, I just heard what she said is all.." 

"Oh.." Jieun pouted ever so slightly at his harsh comment. He sighed, reaching out to grab her arm, but pulled away as the girl flinched. "I just wanted to make sure you didn't need medical treatment or something.." Donghyuck awkwardly scratched his neck. "Oh, um n-no it's okay it doesn't hurt too much"

The boy frowned, seeing straight through her obvious lie. Deciding to ignore it, he turned on his heal beginning to walk off. "See you around stalker" Jieun looked up at his retreating figure, muttering a small goodbye.

Donghyuck ran a hand through his hair, sighing heavily as he walked to work. He could still feel the pain in his arm, in fact it had slowly begun to feel stronger. It felt as if the bond was setting in. "Great, now I have to feel her pain too.." He reached down to rub his arm. "Why didn't she say anything if I hurt her this much..?" He wondered aloud. 

The sudden taste of peach iced tea floated over his tongue. A small smile made it's way to his lips at the sweet taste. "Wait, why am I smiling?, I hate her.."

Jieun-

"I wonder if he's okay.." Jieun said as she screwed the lid back onto the bottle of iced tea in her hands. "He should be, what about you though? how's your arm feeling?" Mark peered down at her arm from next to her. "It's okay, thank you for the ointment and the drink" Jieun smiled at the older demon. 

"That's good, I'm sorry he hurt you, I'm sure he didn't mean it" Jieun nodded. "I know he didn't.. I'd probably be just as upset if the person I liked said things like that about me" Mark thought about what she was saying, remembering how Donghyuck had hated her before even meeting her and how open he was about it. "Y-yeah.." Jieun turned herself towards the boy, the smile returning to her face. 

"Hey Mark, have you found your soulmate yet?" Mark smiled back upon hearing her question. "Not yet, but I can't wait for when I do" The girl giggled excitedly, her eyes lighting up a little. "Aw I'm sure they'll be amazing" Mark nodded. "Yeah haha, you know I'm sorta jealous of y- -uh I mean I'm jealous of everyone who's found theirs" Mark was quick to cover his mistake, hoping Jieun hadn't noticed.

"Have you found yours?" Jieun shook her head, taking a sip of the cool drink in her hands. "I hope I do soon, then I'll tell him to stop giving me so many headaches haha" She joked playfully, not realising that her words had fully piqued Mark's interest. "Headaches..?" "Uh yeah, well uhm he's always drinking alcohol.. or smoking, the tastes are so strong and gross that they give me horrible headaches and sometimes make me cough.."

Mark's eyes widened, realisation dawning on him that all of Donghyuck's bad habits didn't only affect him.

-----

Omg who am I? I finally put out a chapter quicker yayyyyy

This chapter was mainly Hyuck's pov but yeah

I also realised that when talking about the soulmates I've been saying 'him' and 'her' as if they already knew the gender of their soulmate and I want to change that because soulmates can be all different genders like I'm thinking of having some of the guys have male soulmates maybe Mark will be one don't know yet but to implement this change I will just have the bond have an added thing

so basically along with the tattoo for the bond and the taste, people will also have this certain instinct that they'll just know what gender their soulmate is, idk if that makes sense comment or dm me if it doesn't and I'll explain :))))

anyways enjoy and comment anything you might want to see in the story my idea bank is slowly running out haha