1.12

Donghyuck-

"Jieun, how's your part of the project coming along?" Donghyuck huffed, trying his best to keep pace while catching his breath as he followed Jieun down the hall. "Huh? Oh, Donghyuck. It's going well, how's yours?" She smiled up at him, watching as he adjusted himself, trying to play off the fact that he had ran to catch her as soon as he spotted her.

"It's good..yeah.." The girl eyed him, confusion painting her features. "Is that all..?" She looked around, finding the silence too awkward. "Huh? oh, uh y-yeah.. I'll um.. see you around.. yeah" Donghyuck quickly turned on his heel and began walking back the way he came. 

Stalking off into the boy's bathroom he stepped inside a stall, kicking the door closed behind him and quickly slipping the lock into place. Leaning against the wall, Donghyuck led his face fall into his hands, his embarrassment consuming him. 

He told Mark he would stop, but bad habits die hard. Sighing, he reached into the pocket of his jacket, fishing around for the single caseless cigarette he kept on him just in case. Donghyuck simply stared at it, wondering if he really needed it or if he could just wait out the anxious feeling settling in his stomach.

Replaying the interaction with Jieun, he shook his head, the embarrassment flooding back as he hurriedly grabbed the lighter from his jeans pocket. The flame spiked up, the heat coating the end of the cigarette and burning off the end. 

Donghyuck inhaled deeply, watching intently as the smoke floated up from his lips and clouded around the ceiling. The instant calm washed over him as he tapped the cigarette over the open toilet bowl, it's ash falling inside.

The calm didn't last long, seconds later Donghyuck was flinching as he heard the door to the boy's bathroom slam open, the cigarette nearly falling out of his hand. He listened intently as the sound of footsteps grew nearer to the stall he stood in.

 He flinched again as the door to his stall was harshly kicked, this time the cigarette slipped from his fingers, dropping onto the ground by his feet. "Donghyuck, get the fuck out here now!" The demon furrowed his brow, surprised to recognise the voice as Mark's. 

"Mark? What the fuck are you doing?" the younger, unlocked the door, swinging it open to face his now furious best friend. "I know what you're doing in there, you promised you wouldn't" Mark hissed, his tone quieter but still dripping with anger and disappointment.

"So what?! It's my body I'll do what I want to it!" "That might be the case Donghyuck, but you're forgetting your body isn't the only body being affected by your actions!" Realisation flashed over Donghyuck's face. "Jieun.." He whispered, his fist clenching as the guilt set in.

"Yes, Jieun. I found her in a coughing fit at her locker" Mark stated, seemingly calmer but the glare still stuck on his face. "I-is she okay?" Looking down at the cigarette that still burned on the ground, Donghyuck could picture Jieun's face in his mind, feeling even worse. 

Mark put a hand on the youngers shoulder, worried he had been too harsh. "She's probably better now that you're not filling your lungs with smoke" Donghyuck nodded, stepping on the lit end of the cigarette and putting it out. "Look, why don't we go take her to get something to drink and you can pay..?" 

"Yeah, Yeah let's do that.." The brown haired demon sauntered out from the bathroom stall, following Mark out into the hallway and towards the bench the older had left Jieun sitting on. 

Jieun-

Letting out a small cough, Jieun clutched at her chest, the burning feeling beginning to subside. She glanced around at the few students who passed, trying to occupy her mind as she waited for Mark to go get Donghyuck from the bathrooms as he said he would.

She coughed again a few times, the feeling leaving her system. Jieun shook her head, trying to stop the coughing. "woah woah, take it easy, just let it out" She looked up as she heard Mark's voice, his hand coming down to rub circles on her back as she finished with her coughing fit. "thanks Mark" he nodded, returning her gentle smile before turning to Donghyuck.

"It's not like you to look so worried, what's wrong?" Jieun asked as she too, turned her eyes to the other demon. "What? nothing, doesn't matter.. let's go to the cafeteria" Donghyuck turned, walking off towards the cafeteria doors.

Mark helped Jieun up, despite her protesting, before walking up to Donghyuck and landing a smack on his head. Jieun watched the two boys bicker, a giggle leaving her rosy lips, before she clamped them shut as Donghyuck had heard and turned to glare at her out of the corner of his eye.

She gave him a sheepish smile. Donghyuck shook his head, smiling ever so slightly back before turning to snap back at Mark. Jieun felt her stomach do the very tiniest of flops. She looked down, feeling confused as to why Donghyuck of all people made her react like that.  

It was no denying Donghyuck was extremely attractive, no doubt when he smiled, so she let herself believe that was it. By the time she slipped out of her thoughts she realised she had walked all the way to the small line at the cafeteria counters with the boys, only now she was standing next to Donghyuck alone.

"Wait, where's Mark?" Looking around, Jieun spotted him walking over to a table that seated all the rest of her friends. "Weren't you paying attention..?Jaemin called him over to their table and- whatever just- what do you want?" The demon huffed, looking at her through his bangs before flicking them slightly to the side.

"Huh..? I-" "Just pick whatever, I'll buy it" Jieun glanced at him from the side. Sure, Donghyuck speaking to her first lately was odd for him, but now he was offering to buy her food, that was completely unheard of. "I can't let you do that.." "Look Jieun, you won't get this right now, in fact you might never get this, but.. I kind of owe it to you all right" 

She blinked. "Owe it to me..?" Donghyuck groaned. "Yes, owe it to you, now can you please just pick something, anything, god just pick the whole menu for all I care, just pick" Jieun giggled. "Mm okay, if you insist, I want the whole menu then" The girl looked up at him, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"What..? no, wait- I didn't think you'd actually pick the whole menu- That's not what I mea-" Laughing, Jieun patted his shoulder, the gesture deepening his flustered expression. "I know, I know. Can I just get a hot citrus and honey tea..?" She smiled.

Donghyuck nodded, the guilt further setting in as he thought about the reason behind her request. "For your throat right..?" "Yeah" He muttered an okay before stepping up to order just as the person in front walked away. Jieun smiled as she watched him pay. Donghyuck being nice was definitely something she could get used to.

------

hihihihihi

okay so I tried to get this chapter out quicker and tbh there are some parts I really liked in this one and I'm getting excited to progress further

anyways I have to say that probably one of the only reasons I got this one out quicker is because I thought of @Alisha251 (Hope it was okay to shout you out aha :) ) who has been really sweet, patient and supportive to this book I probably would've forgotten but thank you so much you are honestly one of the two reasons I still write this.. The other one being I finally thought of a plot I was satisfied with and got excited to write again lmaoo

but yes anyways hope you enjoyed this one :))

I'll work on getting the next one out as soon as possible :))