PROLOGUE. のフィールド彼岸花

のフィールド彼岸花fields of spider lilies

  fields of spider lilies

.

FOR AS LONG as (l/n) (y/n) can remember, her life has been a living hell. She felt trapped like an animal beneath those bamboo roofs. Torture painted her childhood, one that was riddled with cruelty and abandonment. Her mother was an unfavorable mistress of the current head of the Kamo line. No one expected anything when (y/n) was born, she was expected to be another obedient member of the family. Just another nobody.

However, everything changed when she turned four.

The most favorable mistress was unable to give birth to a son with the inherited technique of the Kamo line. Kamo Noritoshi was chosen to be the heir of the family as he was the only male who inherited the skill despite him not being born by the favorable mistress. He was selected to lead the clan as the idealized epitome of what it means to be a Kamo sorcerer— powerful, masculine, and unwavering.

To which this delicate arrangement was immediately shattered when her powers fully bloomed.

It triggered completely by accident when she and the children of the house were playing around in a field of higanbanas. One of the servant children tripped over a branch, launching him forward and hitting his head on a sharp rock. Blood began to ooze out from the gaping wound— everyone froze in fear. Suddenly, she slowly approached him, placing her hand over the wound and when she removed her hand, the wound was gone. She had no idea what she had done and nor did the children.

At age four, (y/n) understood very little of the world of jujutsu and curses. She fundamentally knew nothing which only made it more terrifying. One thing was certain, she wasn't normal.

The children fled the scene, telling their parents of the incident which prompted the head of the clan to immediately take (y/n) to his side. The higher ups of the clan witness the miracle firsthand, baffled. They realized something the child did not, she possessed the inherited technique. The technique meant for heirs— whom she now threatened. Her role, her life was now changed and placed in the hands of the clan.

Noritoshi Kamo's position was threatened by her existence. She had manifested her techniques when Noritoshi had just been declared as the heir. Her ability was better controlled, her control of curse energy was far more stable than her relative. She possessed potential that far surpassed that of Kamo Noritoshi.

Kamo blood flowed in both of them. She, however, was looked down upon. Only a male with the inherited technique can lead the Kamo clan but it would seem fate was challenging traditions. She had far more potential than Noritoshi would ever possess, if she was to utilize her skills, she would surpass the greatest Kamo sorcerer in history.

Instead, it was decided by the council that she was to be executed for the sake of the clan.

She and her mother lived separately from the rest of the clan, in a small home provided by the family. It was on the outskirts of Kyoto, not known to any of those who were not affiliated with the family. They were moved there after it was determined that (y/n) was to be executed.

One particular stormy night, she recalled waking to the sound of crashing thunder. The light flashed across the sky as sound crackled through the air. The wind was picking up speed as rain poured down like arrows.

Her eyes fluttered open upon hearing the cracking boom of the thunder. She woke to see her mother, who had been sleeping beside her, was gone. A pool of blood remained where she once laid. The smell was pungent, the metallic scent in the air made the room tighter. It mixed with the scent of wet bamboo before her eyes trailed the blood from beside her to the shadowy body in the darkness.

"M-Mother...?"

She called out but no one responded. Thunder boomed and the world above crackled. The sky was electrifying, illuminating the room just for a moment. Her hand reached out to touch the pool of warm blood, the crimson essence staining her fingers. Her hand was coated in her mother's blood.

Her chest tightened at the sight. Her throat was hoarse as she tried to utter another word. Her body trembled as the coldness of the room started to settle in.

A loud crashing sound resonated in the house, one not from the thunder. She screamed out of fear as a man slowly approached her. Her eyes trained on his body as he knelt down to examine the situation. He noticed that the girl was alone, a pool of blood beside her. His eyes followed the trail— to the corpse in the darkness of the room. Bloodied and dead sat the mother of the wailing child in the room.

He had come too late.

She was taken away by the mysterious figure, informing her that her mother would be living separate from her and that she was to live with him. Lies were fed to her, keeping her uninformed of the truth. Of course, she didn't go down that easily, demanding to know where her mother really was and why she was to be taken away from her home. Naïvety drove her to the devastating truth.

The next few words the man spoke resonated with her for the rest of her life.

"Your mother is dead. You are no longer recognized as a member of that house."

She was taken away, stripped of her title. She had nothing and was nothing from then on. She was taken to the Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical School by this mysterious figure who later revealed himself as Masamichi Yaga, headmaster of the school. It was her mother's dying wish, for her daughter to be safe and for her to live a life without regrets.

Her mother had been killed for giving her daughter a chance of freedom.

The Kamo clan was furious hearing the news, they demanded for (y/n) to return to the home where they enslaved her to. Yaga, on the other hand, told them that she was no longer a part of the clan and therefore did not heed to any demands of the clan.

From there, she lived not as Kamo (y/n) but as (l/n) (y/n).

112420

(edited. 042722)

author's note :

a short prologue :) ive always tried to write super long chapters but to minimize hiatuses- im going to try to post chapters somewhat regularly (hopefully)

i will be using second person pov from now on, just because its simpler that way. this was just for you know, dramatic effect haha

thank you for showing interest & support for this book <3 i hope this lives up to your expectations

.

jujutsu kaisen does not belong to me & all characters (beside reader and any original characters) belongs to gege akutami

please support the manga & anime :)