Chapter 3

MI6 Headquarters. August 4th, 2015. 0040 Hours.

Emily

"You're enjoying yourself way too much."

"I am a minor agent and I just got office space in the main HQ." Seth argued, "No one can physically be too excited for that."

"I have an office here." I commented.

"You're a field agent. You don't count."

"Ouch." I wiped a fake tear from my eye, "To think, I was going to share my Swedish Fish with a monster like you."

"Please, if you actually had Swedish Fish, you'd be smart enough not to mention it anywhere near me."

"True."

He frowned, "You don't, do you?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, Seth." I opened the door to M's office, "Maybe I'm clever enough to mention it right under your nose."

"Wait, Ems-"

I closed the door and turned to face M, who, as per usual, was stuffed up behind his desk, "£10 says he'll break something in two days."

M smirked, "Parks already has a pot going. I've got £20 in that it'll be in one."

"See, isn't nice when you relax a little bit, M. You've gotta get out of the office more."

"I'm not taking advice from a fifteen-year-old."

"Your loss."

I heard the office door open and close again, then Rider said, "£15, he'll break something in five days."

"Get in line." I replied, "Apparently Parks has a pot going on it."

"Why doesn't that surprise me?"

"Because it's Parks." M concluded.

"Why'd you even give him a main office?" I asked, "The only minor agents that ever go full HQ are the fields and the ones who manage to live past 18."

"Figured I'd give the little bugger a chance to prove himself." M shrugged, "Who knows, maybe he'll end up going field."

"Oh for the love of all things holy, do not put Seth Schroeder on the street." Alex begged.
"The North Koreans will take us in two months." I added.

M frowned, "It scares me that that's probably true."

I scoffed, "Probably..."

"Back to business." M interrupted, "I need to get this report filed ASAP or Secretary Fallon will have my ass."

"I don't see why they make you write that crap." I mentioned, "You write like a bloody drill manual."

He waved the pen in front of me, "What, do you want to do it?"

I snorted, "I would love to, but I don't think the secretary would appreciate writing from a fifteen-year-old who hasn't had a formal education since she was seven."

"Which is why I write it." He concluded, then began reading through the report, "Mission accomplished, blah blah blah, no notable British casualties."

"Yippee." Alex commented bitterly.

"Anything important need to be reported?"

I raised an eyebrow, "You mean beside the fact that I had to blow up a Taliban humvee?"

"Eh, I guess that qualifies as important."

"You missed the tire." Alex added unhelpfully.