"Understandable." I raise my head to reply him but he continues, "But I don't want to, it's not a good idea for us to work together."

His words hurt more than I care to admit, I flinch like he hit me and my eyes sting with unshed tears. I make to remove my legs from his laps but he stops me with his hands around my ankles. He groans when I look up to him, my palms rub up and down my arms, I blink and jut my lower lip.

"Babe."

"Is it because I am a woman?" He shakes his head. "You don't want a female boss? Am I a bad boss?" I sigh. "You are tired of me."

The look on Paul's face elicits a sarcastic chuckle from me, he pulls me up to sit on his laps and his thumb caresses the corners of my lips. I tuck my head into the crook of his neck and breathe his scent in, I can't get enough of him, I am never letting go.

"No, you're not a bad boss, you're the best," his hand lowers to the small of my back, "and I can never be tired of you." I smile into his shoulder, nuzzle his neck, then raise my head to ask him why he won't be returning to Pavilion. He sighs, I peck his lips. "I don't want to work for you knowing how easily you can fire me when you get angry. If I'm to be fired, it has to be because of my incompetence, not personal matters."

"But it was only once."

"Yeah," he nods and a small smile crawls to his lips, "the other time you threatened to do it and then you actually did it. Our love life shouldn't affect our work life, you know that but it's not the case. I don't like it."

My arms wound around his neck. "Sorry. I'll change," he chuckles, "I'm serious. Who will cook for me? I want to eat only your food."

Our eyes jerk to the television playing a new song, he reaches for the remote to reduce the volume and my finger circles his nipple. I giggle at the size, it's too tiny, more or less the size of an overgrown pimple. My mouth closes over one while my fingers fondle with the second one, he cups my butt to knead it, I bounce on his bulge and moan.

"I will still cook for you, you know I love cooking for you but I'll like to explore other places too." I nod and bite his nipple, I don't want to hold him back from living his best life, that's why he's here in Calabar to begin with. "If it doesn't work out, I'll come back to you. My love, you will have me, right?"

Paul bursts into laughter as if he can tell I don't want his job search to work out. I don't want him working anywhere else except for me or himself but I smile and peck his lips. He slides the strap of my gown down my shoulders, my breasts spill out and he cast me a glance before his head lowers to it. I moan when he takes one of my taut nipples in his mouth, my head falls back as my nails dig into the couch and I rotate my waist slow enough for him to let go of my nipple with a pop and groan into my ear.

Palming my breasts, he kneads and pinches my nipples until I am a moaning mess, my shaky hands reach for the waistband of his shorts to free his dick but he grabs them above my head. I groan, free myself from his grasp and attempt to reach inside his shorts. When he stops me, I adjust the strap of my gown but he pulls it down, I sigh, he can't keep doing this to me. I have needs too.

Silence falls over us, I cross my arms on my chest to demand an explanation. "You don't want to have sex with me?" Annoyance leaks into my voice, tears well up my eyes but they don't fall. "Is that it?" he shakes his head, "then why do you keep stopping me?"

"Because the doctor said you need to rest."

I roll my eyes. "That day, we almost had sex and you didn't care that I was on bed rest."

Another song comes on, I sigh and snatch the remote from the couch to switch off the television. The only sound I want to hear is our combined moans as he makes love to me but he won't, all he does is tease me.