|| 28.

Paul

"This is all your fault." Chi glares at me, her fingers threatening to make a hole in my chest from the number of times she has poked me. "I told you to tell her. I told you."

Running my fingers through my scalp, I sigh and offer her a contrite smile, I need her in my corner right now. "I was going to."

As if my words burn her, she hisses, spins on her heels and makes for her room. I follow behind and rake my fingers through my hair, Chi should have called. She did. The missed calls on my phone which is on silent mode shows that. But I didn't want any disturbances with Ify, yesterday was our first peaceful outing since that night. I sigh. She's right, I am an ass, all our fights happened because of me and my huge ego.

Ifunaya.

I wonder if she will ever let me call her by that name again. She holds a special place in my heart and I will never deliberately hurt her, she should know that by now. I care too much about her and hurting her equals hurting myself. We can't be done.

Closing my eyes to allow the image of her hurt expression tugging at my heartstrings fade from my mind, I let out an audible sigh. Our conversation replays itself over and over again in my head, I groan. What does she mean by my need to hurt her? I will never hurt her. Maybe in the past, I was too caught up with the cheating revelation to consider her feelings but now, I am trying to be the best version of myself for us, for her. I was only bidding my time, waiting for the right moment which never happened.

"I know I should have told her but what are we going to do now?" I ask Chi who has her back to me. "I don't want to lose her."

With supersonic speed, she turns around in only her bra and tights. I can't help a small smile from forming on my lips at the sight of my angry sister with her hands akimbo and cheeks almost turning red from trying to keep her temper in check. Ifunaya would have ordered me out of here if I barged in but Chi doesn't care so long she's not naked.

"First of all, who's we?" She puts on her shirt, comes in front of me so I can fix the zipper behind. I do that and she continues, "There's no we in this situation, only you."

She scoffs and eyes me from head to toe. I stifle a groan, I can't handle an angry sister and an upset girlfriend, it's the reason I didn't try to interfere when Ify was going off on her. Good thing she understands and doesn't hold that against me but now, I need us to be on the same side, to be a team again until this mess I created has been fixed.

"You don't want to lose her yet you kept mute all this while, didn't I tell you your stupid plan will backfire?" she asks and my head hangs low in shame. I was doing what I thought was best. "Since you always have things under control, fix this one yourself."

I muster my best remorseful expression and apologise but it falls on deaf ears. I sigh. "Your shirt is fine," I mutter as a last attempt to get her to talk to me. "You look good."

Chi is the fashionista of the house and some of her fashion sense might have seeped into my thick head. At first, it was fun to torment her with my poor taste, now, styling myself has become part of my routine. She puts her legs into a pair of suede boots, grabs her handbag after patting her hair. Her face doesn't give away the fact she heard my compliment and that's a sign I'll have to work harder to earn her forgiveness.

"I always look good," she finally replies.

A grim smile appears on my face, of course, I know that already. "Where are you going?"

"To work?" she replies in an obvious tone.

Trailing behind her, I rush in and out of my room while struggling to put on a shirt, confused as my feet find their way into a pair of sneakers. I know I heard right and as at this morning, our poor asses were fired.