Chapter 21

I was sitting on the armchair by the fireplace in the common room. It was 7:04 pm, he still wasn't here. Late as usual... I wasn't really surprised to be honest.

Maybe something happened to him? Or he's just being Draco Malfoy.

I grew impatient waiting for him, it was already 7:17 pm.

Where is he? If he doesn't come in one minute, I swear to Merlin I'm leaving...

One more minute passed, and I was done. I packed all my stuff and was going back to my chambers, when I suddenly heard someone bust down the door violently. I turned around and it was Draco.

His face and knuckles were covered in blood. He looked so angry and was breathing heavily. His tie was untied, which made him look incredibly sexy and his hair was so messy. How does he manage to look even better every time I see him and despite being covered in blood??

What the hell happened to him?

I didn't know how to react.. I mean do I dramatically drop my notebooks on the ground and run towards him, or do I stay in place and not really react and go back to my room not surprised by the state he is in? Well I did neither..

"Draco?" I said in a shocked tone, he lifted his head and looked at me, still breathing heavily. The way he looked at me kind of frightened me. I never saw him this angry before.. Well I did, the day I had a panic attack, but this is a different type of anger. He didn't answer, he walked towards the couch by the fireplace, sat down and put his feet on the coffee table.

He observed the fire mysteriously for a bit, grabbed a dark green pillow and gently hugged it. That's kinda funny, because I always do that when I feel uncomfortable or to release anxiety, it creates a sensation of peace in me.

Is he anxious right now? Draco Malfoy and the concept of anxiety are the last two things I would think of together. Or maybe I'm just overthinking.

I really hate how I overthink everything.. I've tried everything to stop, but nothing really worked.

"How should we start the project?" He said in a calmed tone.

WHAT THE FUCK?? How is he so calm? Am I supposed to act like everything is ok and like he isn't covered in blood? How did he even calm down so fast? This boy really drives crazy. I can't handle him...

"What?" was the only thing I could say. He didn't look at me. He let out a loud sigh.

"I said. How do you want to start the project? Is that clear or would you like me to repeat a third time?" he said in an annoyed tone.

"I got it the first time, I'm not dumb! What happened to you?" I asked curiously walking towards him

"Why do you even care Reinders, am I not just a filthy lying bastard that entertains himself by bullying people and ruining others lives, to try to make up the fact that I come from a fucked up family that doesn't care and love me, to you?" he inquired in a broken tone.

Wow. I feel bad now for saying that to him, when I was angry. He didn't stutter nor forget a single word I told him.

It's really not ok to use someone's weak spots and stuff they can't control against them, regardless of what they do to you. I know It was very wrong for me to say that to him, but I'm not gonna apologize. I'm still mad at him.

I tried to not react to what he just said. I walked towards him, I debated whether or not sitting next to him on the couch or sitting on the armchair. I figured distance would be best for us, so I just sat in the armchair and made myself comfortable.