Chapter 51

Cordelia's P.O.V

I've been staring at the bowl of soup he left in front of my door for the past half hour. His ways of self-amusement are so sick it disgusts me. He knows that the chain only allows me to move two steps away from my bed until it feels like my whole body's burning in Fiendfyre.

I tried to sleep, but the rattling sounds coming from my stomach were impossible to ignore, but at the same time, it was also the only thing keeping me sane. They were sort of keeping me company, which sounds so fucked up.

The reoccurrence of the sounds even developed a pretty specific routine. They usually started two hours after I woke up and would come in every fifteen minutes after that. Around midday, they would stop until the evening and I would have to find other things to do, like tracing every figure of the Greek Gods painting with my eyes, which would take a solid two hours, or sing muggle songs that I could recall.

The door swung open, and I immediately pulled the blanket over myself as a reflex. Akoni was in his usual dark grey suit. He stared down at the bowl of soup for a moment and then shifted his eyes back up to face me. For a second I thought I saw a look of pity in his eyes.

"Shame, a perfectly good bowl of soup wasted," he shrugged. My fingers itched to slap him. The way he entertained himself was just sad at this point.

"Why don't you just give me my wand back so I can reheat it?" I gave him a fake smile.

"Sure. What a splendid idea" he started moving towards me and reached down his pocket and took out my wand, "Only problem is," he snapped it in half, "it's useless now."

I wanted to hex every part of him at that moment, but I won't give in. He just wants a reaction out of me, it's how he feeds his fucked up soul. I just looked at the ceiling, trying to remain calm.

"I could always use my wand, but why would I want to? It's just too much effort for a useless bitch like you."

"Useless bitch?" I chuckled loudly, "Yeah, what do you call yourself then, useful? Useful at capturing people and imprisoning them for no apparent reason other than self-entertainment? Godric, you must be bored... At this point, why don't you just become a fucking death eater or something? It'll really suit you." I bet the Dark Lord would love him. It looked like he was considering it for a second.

"Perhaps," he leaned in and I didn't flinch when he took my chin in his firm grip, "In the meantime, you should watch that pretty mouth of yours before I shut it up." I could feel his warm breath fanning across my cheekbones. I wanted to vanish from there.

I was about to say something when he silenced me with his lips. I tried to push him off of me, but just like last time, I couldn't. After what felt like five seconds, he quickly withdrew himself and swept out of the room.

I wiped my mouth immediately with the back of my hand.

Then again.

And again.

But the feeling of his lips on mine still remained. I wanted to take a shower and stand under the burning water until the feeling went away.

Draco's P.O.V

When we arrived at the Slytherin common room, Claudio was already sitting alone near the fireplace with a book in his hand. He shut his book when he saw us enter.

"How did it go?" he asked.

"We shouldn't discuss it here. Follow me," said Granger and led us out of the common room to an empty classroom. She cast a quick Muffliato. "Your brother cast a Stunning Charm on Cordelia at around 3 am today and the DMLE is now out looking for her. There's a high chance that he's going to be on the Daily Prophet tomorrow."