Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was waiting in the queue for lunch with Molly and Rachel. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Zack. Gorgeous Zack. I felt bad for asking today, I shouldn't have asked. I suppose I hadn't asked why he had moved I suppose, just where from, right?

"What would you like?" Asked the small, grey haired dinner lady.

"Baked potato with tuna and salad please" I asked no longer day dreaming.

She passed me the plate and I walked over to the till to pay. Molly had already sat down with the girls and I joined them.

"Guys, birthday party plans!" Exclaimed Jessica, she was excited for her 16th birthday and lately it has been the only subject she is willing to talk about.

"So, I was thinking I should have a theme!" She screeched jumping up and down in her seat. I rolled my eyes.

"Jessica, you already pretty much have your party planned; I don't recommend the beach theme you were talking about in maths" Sighed Haylee. Jessica looked hurt.

"Why?"

"Because it is winter!" I laughed "I'm sorry but I refuse to wear a bikini in this weather"

"Oh yeah, didn't think of that" She murmured ripping a page out of her 'Party Plans' book. I started to eat my potato whilst Jessica was in deep thought about her party of which she had been planning for 2 months.

"Who's that?" Rachel gasped "He is hot!" I looked up in the direction she was looking to see Zack he smiled at me.

"Louise! He just smiled at you!" Molly cried.

"Yeah, I sit next to him in chemistry" I said digging into my potato.

"Really?! Well he's walking in our direction, like, now!" I began to choke on a piece of cucumber. Molly began to pat my back in attempt to stop me from choking, when that didn't work, she hit my back with a huge force and out flew the piece of cucumber straight into Jessica's eye.

"EWWW!" Cried Jessica "Get it OFF! EWW!" I stared at her not knowing what to do and realised Zack was almost at our table, he laughed and walked straight by giving me a cheeky wink. Well that went well.

Rachel got the piece of cucumber off of Jessica's face and laughed.

"Relax! It's off" She reassured Jessica, I looked at Molly in complete and utter embarrassment, my cheeks were glowing red, and she decides to laugh at me.

"He was so going to talk to you before that little..." She paused looking for an appropriate word "Event" Molly laughed. Remind me never to eat cucumber ever again in school.

Jessica looked at me in disgust.

"You are disgusting." She moaned.

"It was just as embarrassing for me as it is for you! You didn't have a hot guy walking over to you!" I whined. Haylee shook her head giggling along with the other girls.

"It isn't a laughing matter you know." I said yet they continued to giggle. "I'm going getting a drink then going to art, bye guys". They all waved me off and I began to walk to the vending machines. I picked strawberry flavoured water then toddled off to art block.

My teacher was sat at her desk eating lunch when I arrived, she smiled and told me my work was in the cupboard so I went in search for my mannequin I had the dress I had designed on it. I carried the mannequin out of the cupboard and into the middle of the classroom, I grabbed some materials I needed: pins, sequins, cotton, etc. and got to work. I was designing a white wedding dress, it was beautiful. The exact thing I would want my wedding dress to look like.

I began to add sequins to the Basque in a swirly pattern. My teacher walked over to me.

"It is gorgeous Louise, fancy designing my wedding dress?" She joked, I laughed along with her.

"How are things at home, any better?" She asked, I was pretty close with Helen, or should I say Miss Morris.

"They could be better I suppose..." I trailed off, she nodded. "I wish he would stop making a fuss about my Dads custody rights, it's as if he wants to have Megan as his own child" I rambled on

"Has your Dad said anything?" She asked me, I shook my head.

"He doesn't want a fight. He loves us too much to risk having us taken away from him again." I explained "I'm going to his after school with Megan, will you pass me the camera please?" I asked. Helen walked to her drawer and got out a box with a camera inside, she opened it and handed me the camera. I began to take shots of the dress in different angles zooming into the patterns.

"Have you got a model yet?" Helen asked, I shook my head "Why don't you ask Molly, it would really suit her" I smiled, she would look gorgeous, I nodded and grinned.

"And Rachel can do her hair!" My smile grew wider, I was going to ace this project, and my Mum would stop moaning at me for supposedly 'failing' everything as Jack had told her. Jack talked complete bull.