Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I put on my military boots and hopped onto my feet.

“DAD! HURRY UP!” I shouted from the front door

“Alright I’m coming! Find your sisters coat, she’s lost it.”

“right…” I replied and sauntered into the closet and got her pink coat off of the peg.

“Didn’t look very far huh?” I said to myself and chucked it at her. She moaned and started to put it on.

“DAD! Hurry up!” I screamed

“I do want to keep my hearing, thanks” He replied

“No wonder, you’re worse than a woman!” I told him opening the door and trudging towards the car.

“Sorry Mum!” He mocked.

“Daddy, can we go to see the monkeys?!” Megan asked excitedly.

“Of course” Dad replied messing her hair with his hand. I drew him a dirty look.

“Dad I just did her hair!” I shouted putting it back into place.

“Like she’s bothered?” He replied sitting in the driver’s seat and putting the key in the ignition. We were going to the zoo just for Megan’s sake, Dad thought it was a good idea after what had happened and truth be told, I was actually looking forward to going to the zoo. The car started and backed out of the drive and down the street.

“Lou, what’s your favourite animal?” My sister asked, I giggled.

“I’m not too sure… I like tigers I suppose” I replied

“Guess what mine is?”

“Umm… seal?” I guessed

“Noo! Penguins silly!” She laughed “Because they walk funny” I giggled at her wriggling in her seat.

“I like penguins too” My Dad said

“I’m a penguin!” She exclaimed

“Are you?” I asked

“Yup! MWAHHHH MWAAHH” She attempted a penguin noise.

“That’s lovely Megan… don’t do that when we get out of the car, ok?” I told her giggling. Dad was laughing too, we were soon at the zoo and looking for a parking space, he parked close to the entrance and we got out, I grabbed my bag out of the boot and followed my Dad and Megan to the entrance.

“2 adults and 1 child please” He asked the lady at reception.

“Would you like to have wrist bands so you can go to the fair?” She asked.

“Yeah, sure” He paid and we walked in through the big red gates and as Megan demanded, we went to see the penguins first. We entered a room with a huge pool and around 6 penguins swimming and splashing.

“Wow” Megan gasped. I watched her expression, she looked astonished.

“I’m getting hungry; shall we go for some lunch?” Dad asked

“Yeah, I’m starving!” I replied “Come on Megs”

“No! We can’t leave them!”

“What? We can see them later, come on” Dad told her grabbing her hand

“Promise?” She asked, Dad nodded and she grinned. After waving the penguin’s goodbye we walked to the food court and entered Pizza Hut.

“Table for 3?” The young, blonde waitress asked. I nodded and we followed her to a table and sat down. She handed us all a menu each and wandered off saying that she would be back shortly.