Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

“Wow, can we take one home?” Asked Megan pointing at the turtles

“No darling, we can’t” Dad told her stroking her hair. We had been here all day and been to every single zone there is.

“Are you ready to go? The place shuts soon...” I asked, Dad nodded.

“Come on Meg, say bye” He told her and Megan waved at each turtle wishing them farewell. I walked on exiting the turtle hut and walked towards the car park, my phone buzzed and I opened the text.

‘Hey, wanna come over tonight? DVD and girly time, and maybe tell me what the hell happened last night, I can’t remember you going but, I can’t remember much to be honest babe, LY Molly <3’

Awesome. So now I had to blow off my best friend because I’m meeting her brother. My phone buzzed again.

‘I can’t wait to see u, wanna come round mine? Maybe we could tell Molly x’

This was just getting worse. What the hell was I supposed to do?

“Would you like some candyfloss Lou?” Megan asked I nodded

“Please” I replied, Dad went to the counter and got two bags and handed me one, we wandered to the car park not quite remembering the way back but following the signs round each corner. We were soon their and the car wasn’t too far away from the entrance. I opened the car door and got inside the front passengers seat and turned on the radio.

“Kings and queens and presidents… ministers of governments, welcome to the future, of your wo-o-orld” I sang along turning the radio up louder and nodding my head to the beat. My dad put the key in the ignition and started the car. I looked back at Megan who had her new monkey mask on with her new penguin sunglasses balanced over the top of it.

“Are you going out tonight or staying in with me and Meg?” My Dad asked.

“I think I’m gonna go out for an hour or so, I won’t be out late” I told him still humming along to the tune.

“Alright, well I’ll take you two for dinner tomorrow before I drop you at your Mum’s” He told me bobbing his head along to the music too.

“Cool, can I stay at yours this week again? Please” I asked

“You’ll have to ask your Mum, Louise” He whispered looking through the rear view mirror ensuring Megan wasn’t listening but she was too busy colouring the animals in her new book to hear us.

“It’s not up to her, she always stops us from seeing you, take her to court she is ridiculous” I complained

“Please Louise, I don’t want all of that trouble, I want to be friends with your Mother still.”

“You still love her don’t you” I asked looking at him. He stiffened and tightened his grasp on the wheel. After a long pause he sighed.

“The divorce wasn’t my idea love” He said gently and looked at me with a sad smile. All of a sudden I became angry. My Mum had started seeing Jack not long after Mum and Dad had told Megan and I about the split.

“She started seeing him before you two split didn’t she! That whore!” I shouted

“Louise! Shut up, your sisters their!”

“What’s a whore?” Megan asked

“I’m not going back their, that slapper.” I exclaimed scrunching my nose, feeling sick inside, the cheating slapper.

“Louise, it isn’t your choice.” He told me quickly glancing at me every so often.

“I’m 16, I’m an adult, I have a choice!” I shouted