Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Romeo and Juliet, they were 'two star crossed lovers'. What does this mean?" Mr Hill asked the class.

Nobody said a word, nor raised their hand.

"Louise?" He asked, he was really asking for a black eye.

"What?" I asked in monotone. He looked at me with a pleading look.

"They're destined to meet, and then leave each other again?" I said questioningly, English wasn't my strongest subject; nor was it my favourite especially having him as my teacher. That's how my mother met him. Don't you just love parents evening? I don't recall parents evening being a time when your teacher asks your mother out on a date.

"Good, the play is set in which city?" He asked again, a girl named Danielle raised her hand; I turned to my best friend Molly who sat beside me and rolled my eyes. 'Suck up' I mouthed, she snickered.

"He's not really that bad" She whispered

"You don't live with him" I whispered back. She smiled sympathetically.

"Your mum could have done worse; at least he isn't some serial killer"

I raised my eyebrow, 'are you sure?' I thought and I looked at the clock.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Ding! Ding! Ding! Rang the bell, I got up and rushed towards the door just to get pulled back by Jack.

"Louise, will you please concentrate more in class or I will have to move you down a set, I am getting very frustrated at your low grades. I promised your mother I would do everything in my power to get you an A, but if you don't put the effort in then you won't get an A, you will get an F."

"I don't care, move me down. I would rather not have to see you everyday at school as well as home". I told him, I really couldn't care about my grades in his class.

"Fine, as of tomorrow you will be in Mr Smith's class" He told me walking back to his desk.

"Who's Mr Smith?" I asked confused at this new name

"Mrs Lopez's replacement" He told me whilst marking a book.

"Kay..." I walked out of his room to find Molly waiting outside, she stared at me waiting for me to talk and when I didn't she burst into laughter.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Aww, your new Daddy wanted a word? 'What would you like for tea tonight sweetheart?' 'Roast dinner Daddy'" She laughed mocking our voices.

"Hilarious." I said in monotone walking to next lesson.

"Sorry, couldn't resist. What did he want?"

"I'm moving down into set 2" I told her cheerily.

"Great, now I have to sit alone" She moaned

"Now I don't have to deal with Jack 24/7" I cheered.

We walked out of the building and towards the labs, I said bye to Molly and wandered into my class taking my usual seat at the back of the classroom. My teacher Mrs Parton was writing experiment instructions on the board when a guy with Brown hair and deep, dark brown eyes walked into the classroom; I almost melted at how gorgeous he was.

"Mrs Parton, Chemistry?" He asked the teacher she smiled and nodded.

"Yes! You must be Zack!" She replied

"Yeah" He flashed a smile, a gorgeous smile.

"We are a pretty big class; I'll find you a seat... Take a seat by Louise at the back, blonde hair and she's wearing the blue jumper" She informed him he nodded and began to walk in my direction. By now my heart was racing and I was about to have a heart attack.

"Louise?" He asked with his killer smile.

"Uh huh" was all that could escape my lips

"Miss told me to sit here?" I nodded and moved my bag out of the seat and he sat beside me.

"I'm Zack, I just moved here"

"Nice to meet you" I spoke like a robot. Wow I really am stupid.

"You too Louise, it looks like we're doing an experiment, could we be partners? If you want to that is!" he asked

"Yeah, course, sure, whatever!" I need to calm down. He laughed. I calmed myself and started to breathe normally.

"Where have you moved from?" I asked as normal as I could possibly ask, which wasn't very normal at all.

"We moved from Derby, my Mum passed away and my Dad and I moved here with my younger sister for a fresh start"

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I said sympathetically

"Don't worry about it" He forced a small smile. I had to ask didn't I?

"Attention everyone!" Miss Parton shouted "We are doing an experiment today so pay close attention!"