{008}

Ever have a nightmare so bad that you wanted to forget it?

Well, that's what Midoriya Izuku is having right now.

A familiar door slamming shut as uneven footsteps staggered into the room, a slow voice talking loudly as the night went on.

The door always held his monsters back, but sometimes they slipped in, tormenting him and his mother.

The one who usually gets in was tall, always loud and slow talking, a black mass that always seemed to like hurting them and yelling.

He was confused why this one always got in, the rest stayed behind the door. The old lady, the young shadow, the cat all of them. They stayed behind the door. They never got in, he has seen them through the window.

But this one...he always gets in. Yelling and tearing the apartment down, always mad at Izuku's mama for no reason. Always mad at him for existing. Yelling bad words as the shadow staggered.

Always bad.

"NO ONE CARES FOR YOU, YOU LITTLE CUNT" was yelled when Izuku would cry. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" was yelled when Izuku would eat or drink or sleep.

"NO ONE LIKES A QUIRKLESS FREAK, THOSE WHO DO ARE PROBABLY RETARDED" was yelled at him continuously. (A/N- I am autistic, I don't like the r slur, apologies for using it)

No one likes him. No one can like him.

Izuku opened his eyes, staring at Korosensei and Aizawa with a small smile before remembering.

No one can like him.

Izuku pretended to be happy for the rest of the trip, sighing before he went home to his mother.

They faked their love.

Izuku ate his food absent mindedly.

Why would someone like him?

Izuku didn't think much of these toxic thoughts.

They didn't like him, they're lying.

Izuku mumbled about heroes for a bit, to keep up a facade around his mother.

That's what humans do.

Izuku blinked sluggishly as he went to bed.

They're all lying.

No one likes me.

No one likes a quirkless freak.

After all,

The shadows are always right.

But shadows lie too.