Because if not now, then when?

Hesitantly, I turn back around and trudge up the stairs again, annoyed with my own constant indecisive nature.

As both my feet find the way back onto the landing, I'm stopped again but not by my own voice in my head.

Rather a girl's voice.

Singing.

My soulmate.

I forgot about my soulmate.

All night I've been so caught up in trying to impress Evie that I completely forgot I even had a soulmate.

She's singing the familiar soundtrack of Grease, what I can only assume is her favourite film.

She doesn't sound as passionate as I've previously heard her, but her voice still sounds so beautiful and soothing.

Having a soulmate is such a new concept to me, it easily slips my mind and when the kind voice resurfaces in my head, it often shocks me.

I wonder why she's awake so early in the morning?

Maybe it's not even morning where she is. Maybe she's back home in England, or perhaps Australia.

Guess I'll have to wait to find out.

"Harry dear, did you forget something?" The familiar voice of the red haired woman appears from the only other door on this floor.

I'm bought out of my thoughts, realizing I've probably been standing here and staring into space for about five minutes.

"Oh. No. No, I think I'm all good." I fumble my words out to string a sentence together, while simultaneously patting my trouser pockets to make sure I actually did have everything.

"Have a lovely day Jenny." I add, feeling a little embarrassed.

She replies with a kind smile and I quickly turn and rush back down the stairs, still the sound of my soulmate playing in my head.

When I finally make it home, my soulmates finished singing through the entire soundtrack of Grease and I'm completely ready to just pass out in the comfort of my bed.

New York is my favorite home.

I have an apartment here and a house back in London as well as LA, although when I am in London, I often find myself travelling up from London to stay with Mum.

Both my houses are lovely, but they're big.

And there's only one of me so they can get pretty lonely sometimes.

It would just be nice to go home to someone sometimes.

That's why I love my New York apartment, it's fairly small in comparison and it has a beautiful view of the city skyline.

It feels surprisingly homely.

This is the only place I don't feel alone.

And that's not because of the fact Mitch always happens to be crashed out on my couch.

I kick my shoes off at the front door and walk into the diner, pulling off my blazer and chucking it over the back of one of the chairs, the faint scent of lingering perfume attached to it still from when I gave it to Evie to wear.

"So he is alive. Would've been nice for you to reply to one of my messages mate." Mitch's voice appears from the doorway leading into the living room.

I don't understand why he's always here or how he even gets in considering I took away his spare key after he thought it would be funny to fill the apartment with balloons and confetti cannons for my 24th birthday.