27

Sometimes I get lost in my own head

Sometimes I get lost in my own head. Or I'll become hyper fixed on something - often in the sense of music and I'll forget about my actual life.

And often during times like that I'll isolate myself. I'll find myself shutting out my friends, whether I intend to or not.

It's not what people think, it's surprisingly a lonely life. I have friends, a lot of them more acquaintances or colleagues. But when needing to write and create an album, I often exclude myself from life.

That's why relationships are never really an option with me.

The constant travel and need for me to look a specific way or be a certain person. I never get the chance to meet people and actually get to know them.

It's usually a few encounters and then I'm gone. And it's never really by choice.

But I'm trying my best. I'm not used to being a boyfriend. Honestly, my advice comes from mum, Gem and movies.

I definitely won't be asking Mitch for advice, I love him. But he's not really a charming prince.

I can vaguely hear Evie's sniffles, her head laying on my lap as I run my hands through her blonde hair, twisting it around my fingers and plaiting it.

She makes me happy. She inspires me, even without realizing it. And I just pray this doesn't get taken away from me.

"I love you. I love you Allie. Goodnight. Goodnight. I'll be seeing you." The final few lines of the movie fill the room.

As the credits begin to roll Evie quickly pushes herself up and moves so she's kneeling beside me.

"Harry, oh my God. You can't just show me that and expect me not to cry." Evie mumbles through broken sobs.

She looks genuinely hurt that I didn't warn her about the ending and I feel a little bad. But it's also the best part of the movie.

They were soulmates, who lived their whole lives together and died peacefully with one another.

It's heartbreaking in the most romantic way.

"Seriously, H. That's your favorite movie? How are you not crying?" Her sad eyes stare up at me, tears occasionally rolling down her cheeks.

I reach out for her wrists, pulling her so her body follows and instinctively she straddles my lap.

"I'm sorry baby." I mumble against her lips, kissing her slowly. Her damp eyelashes flicker across my own and I can taste the salty tears on her lips.

She lets out an unsteady breath, trying to compose herself before she talks again.

"No, next time we're watching my favorite movie. No questions asked." She demands, breaking the kiss for only a moment.

"And what is this movie you speak of?" I tease, gathering her hair in a makeshift ponytail with my hands so I can kiss her jaw.

"What part of no questions asked do you not understand H. You'll just have to wait and find out." Evie huffs in response and I stifle my laughter against her neck which makes her squirm.