Chapter 23- Visible To Invisible

Today is the day I go on the run for medical supplies.  The medical center we are going to shouldn't  be that far.  Daryl knows  where it is. 

  As I wait outside for Michonne, Bob and Daryl, Rick makes his way over. Last night he tried to get me to stay even when i kept saying no.

   "You don't have to do this." I hate the look I see in his eyes every time he feels something isn't right. He rests his hands on his hips in frustration.

"You have nothing to worry about. I've been on my own before, doing this for me and-" I almost spill Adrian's name. Each thought of him breaks my heart even more. "My self." I know he doesn't believe  me. 

He engulfs me in his arms like he'll  never let go. With his hands on my waist, he pulls me closer to him and kisses the top of my head. "I'll  never stop worrying about you. You know that." I close my eyes as i rest my head against his chest.  The one place of comfort is in his arms.

"Maybe I'll being something extra for just me and you to use." As i said that, I look directly at his cheeks turning as red as ever from my comment.

He wipes it off with a huge grin on his face.  "You do that." My lips are pushed on against by his.  His grip tightens on my waist as the pecks of kisses turn deeper.

"Ay kids, the sun ain't stayin up for us." Rick places one last kiss and i head into the car.

~

"You know what i haven't seen in so long?" Michonne starts conversation.

"Rick so happy." I roll my eyes knowing they're going to try to grab steal information  out of my brain.

Michonne notices me. "You  can't  deny he does the same to you." I think about it.  In a long time, Rick does make me happy.  I've noticed the couples around at the prison. Those  who are together stay stuck like glue until you're either dead or a walker.

Rick's features flood my mind as michonne started something. 

"Iris wasn't too happy the day we found her." Daryl chimes in. 

"No body likes being interrupted while being asleep.  Sure as hell you don't  either." I spit in a playful manner. 

"You and Rick are good for eachother. You know that?" Daryl looks at me through the rear mirror and i can't  control the idiotic grin on my face or the flutters in my stomach. 

Daryl changes the channel and stops until we hear voices on the radio. "What was that?" Bob says in excitement until Daryl shushes us. 

It is until then we all look up and begin to crash through walkers. A herd of them. "RIGHT!" I yell.

Daryl turns the wheel sharply and we flip over, crashing into the wood. The last thing i see are a bunch of walkers surrounding their prey.

~

"Ow" I groan after touching my head. Blood is left on my fingers. I flutter my eyes open and look around me. Daryl and Michonne lay in the front  but where's bob? The walkers are gone and night time has hit.

I panick. Bob is gone and we're stranded in the dark. "Daryl, Michonne." I move their shoulders and they start to move. Groaning and aching.

"Ay you guys alright?" He asks trying to get up.

"No....Bob is gone."

"What do you mean gone?" Michonne says sadly, fixing herself in her seat.

"He isn't here. He's  missing."  What happened to him?

The chomps and groans from outside the vehicle begin to grow louder.

"We gotta go." We all crawl through the broken windows and we walk a distance away from the dead.

"Go where?  We can't see jack!" All of the sudden, a sharp pain kicks at my abdomen. I look down and there is a piece of glass stuck in me.  How did i ignore this?

I begin to get weak from pain and shock. and Michonne stabilizes me. "Can you walk?" "Mhmm." I lie wanting to scream inside.  Every step i take i feel like im going fo collapse.

"We're not too far from the prison. We can make it back in 30 minutes or so." Daryl gueses.

"W-What about-" I try to spit.

"We can stay around here.  We need to get that glass out and get you inside to clean your wound up."

"We can find him in the mornin."  I place my hand over my abdomen as we walk. Most of the way to the prison, I'm slowing them down or just complaining.

I can't even defend myself in killing walkers.

It is until we reach the prison and part of the fences are down.  "stay behind me!" Daryl yells.  I'm frustrated at myself wishing i could do something.

As i blink, my vision fades then comes back. We get to the actual blocks and I see Rick and Carl running over. Blood all over them, gripping their guns.  I want to jump out of Michonne's grip, to embrace them in my arms but i can feel myself slip from this all. My muscles going limb and my eyes closing without my consent.