“And without all the dirty jokes”, Adelind laughed.

“Something all of us could do with out”, I smiled.

“Hey Dad?”, Ace asked.

“Yeah Ace?”, I replied.

“Where are we going for dinner?”

“Not sure”, I answered pulling them all close to me, “I think Mnerloth has a place in mind.”

“I hope it's some place with Turkey”, Tyson said, “they fed it to us a lot at the ring and I kept my snout shut about liking it so I could keep getting it.”

“Smart”, Dusk said, “I personally favor pizza.”

“Your both wrong”, Ace said, “while I like both, Chicken is far better.”

“It's all good”, I said.

They shrugged. The truck stopped at a few more stoplights and drove through more traffic before we finally arrived at the restaurant. The Ocarinas was a tall, four story building made of decorative stones with what looked like a screened area up top. Mnerloth parked her Audi near the back the parking lot which was facing a large movie theater. The MYT pulled into a space right next to her and shut off it's engine and we all piled out. The parking lot was iced over and I could feel the cold even through the soles of my boots.

“The ground is freezing”, Kisenth said.

“It is”, Adelind replied, “let's get inside.”

We quickly went inside. The restaurants interior decor was really something. The floor was made of dark brown stone and the walls were darkly stained wood soaked the light in from the dim bulbs that glowed throughout the restaurant. There was a large wine rack that was sparsely populated with dark red bottles and there were two oak barrels underneath it. In front of us the small atrium branched out into the rest of the restaurant which was populated with humans, Anthro's and Ferals, all of who seemed to be enjoying their nights.

“This place is cool”, Ace said.

“It smells good in here”, Kisenth said, “I can smell every thing cooking in the back.”

“I can too”, Mnerloth said, “that's why I don't go out to eat much because the smell drives me crazy.”

Adelind laughed, “try going for six months and only being able to handle one bite in your stomach at a time, then talk to me about crazy.”

Mnerloth gave a smug sigh, “I'd love to oblige you, but I'm not currently in a relationship.”

Adelind shook her head, “you'll see.”

“Evening and welcome to Ocarines”, a human dressed in waiters clothes said as she appeared behind a welcome desk, “how many are with you?”

“Eight”, I said.

“Please follow me.”

The human led us down a small corridor past the wine rack and a bar where there were several people watching a race on a large flat screen and led us back outside. The snow was coming down a little harder now and the blue, purple and red neon from the theater next door were creeping in on the dim influences of the lights mounted in the covered area. Like inside, there was a song playing on an unseen stereo system.

“Unfortunately the only eight person tables are out here”, the waitress said.

“Don't worry about it”, I said, “we have Arctic in us so we should be okay.”

She smiled, “I'll be back with you in a few minutes.”

She turned and left as we all sat down. Adelind, Tyson and Kayel sat next to me while Helix, Dusk, Ace and Kisenth sat next to Mnerloth and started looking at menus. There was a lot of stuff on there that I couldn't even pronounce, so I decided against ordering it. In the end, I settled with Chicken Alfredo.