The Hunt Begins

I had to beat rush hour to make it home without getting hit. When I made it back to the base, I noticed Ator standing outside the command tent with Shadow and Nolan, all three of them were in full combat gear and Nolan even had an MP5 slung over his shoulder. Something about it just didn't seem to sit well.

“Hey guys”, I said walking up, “going to the range?”

“Not quite”, Nolan answered, “go to your barracks and get dressed, full loadout and then come to the runway, I'll explain there.”

Before I even had time to ask, they left. I watched them leave, sighed and then started back for the barracks. To my surprise, Sozenn, Cora, Vanlith, Val and Vez were outside, in a full loadout as well. What was going on here?

“Tyro”, Sozenn said walking up to me, “Nolan wants everyone in a full loadout and down at the runway.”

“Why?”, I asked.

“I'm not sure”, Sozenn said, “he told me he'd explain there.”

“Well then lemme grab my vest and I'll met ya there brother”, I said giving him a light hug.

“Still hurting?”, Sozenn asked.

“Yeah”, I answered, “I feel like someone pulled me apart and put me back together.”

He hugged me a little tighter, “if you need anything just asked. I'm here for you.”

“Thanks brother”, I said, “means a lot.”

Sozenn and the others departed as I walked inside. The barracks were empty except for Tala and Fireclaw, Nina and Adelind and the kids. Even Adelind was dressed in her uniform with her 20 strapped on. The kids were dressed as close to her as they could get without wearing Raven's uniform.

“Adelind”, I asked walking up to her, “what's going on here?”

“I don't know”, she answered, “Nolan came by not too long ago and told us all to grab our gear and get down to the runway.”

I sighed, “let me grab my vest.”

I walked into the house, grabbed my vest and threw it onto my back, trying to walk on three legs as I tightened the straps. I shut the door behind me, locked it, picked up the boys and then we walked down to the runway.

I was utterly shocked at what I saw. A huge stage had been set up with Romeo's flag as a back drop. The flag had a red stripe on top, a white stripe in the middle and one blue one on the bottom. In the middle of the flag was a black outline of a Volcanic Dragon head and there were gold stars encircling it, the patch every human and dragon wore on their shoulders. There was a huge metal frame that was playing host to three huge speakers and in the middle of the stage was a podium with the Presidential symbol on it. There was also a large TV screen set up beside it. Whatever Nolan had to say had to be deadly serious.

There were at least 2,000 Feral's here, not to mention even more Anthro's and Humans. Cars and trucks were still pulling in, uniformed Military, SWAT, Police and reserve soldiers stepping out. Many of them had their kids with them as well, all of whom were dressed like their parents. All of the voices chimed together to form one, big confusion train to no where.

“What's going on Daddy?”, Helix asked.

“I don't know sweetie”, I answered, “but it's probably serious.”

As we sat there waiting to see what would happen, the rest of Raven joined us.

“So you even got her involved in this now huh?”, Sozenn asked looking at Adelind, “that looks good on you by the way.”